Security Installer Community

Laptop Battery

Guest anguscanplay

Gus,

biggest issue, thats if it runs without the battery (and not all will), is if you have a power out you will loose your work, being a laptop this could be simply knocking the power plug out at the worst possible moment - like half way through reading one of my posts (if you ever do read more than half :lol:).

i found with older laptop batts if left charging 24/7 it did shorten their lives, i had a Packard Bell which did this.

mind you, i bought a generic replacement off ebay and it was near twice as good run time as the original was when new.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

"However certain kinds of mistreatment may cause Li-ion batteries to explode"

er - thanks for that, even more worried now LOL

This is what can happen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWq6rWzChw

Mobile phones use that type of battery as well.

I think you have to damage it in a way that’s say creates a hole then charge it or as they did force the battery into an unstable state.

Dont forget your laptop battery could just spontaneously combust if its one that was recalled but you missed the recall notice.

There have been loads of recall notices on laptop li-ion batteries for different manu's laptops... Worth checking to see if you have a laptop whether it has a recall on the battery for it or not.

Guest anguscanplay
Dont forget your laptop battery could just spontaneously combust if its one that was recalled but you missed the recall notice.

There have been loads of recall notices on laptop li-ion batteries for different manu's laptops... Worth checking to see if you have a laptop whether it has a recall on the battery for it or not.

and thanks .......

I`m only using the computer in the local library from now on.

Archived