Security Installer Community

How To Run Wintex With Windows Vista

whibbs

hi

iam being using wintex for a fews years now,

ive just got a new laptop the thing is that the os is windows vista i can not get wintex 5.3 to run under this os system ?

has any body got this problem what cab i do to get the to work

it installes ok but can not get the globel option page to show when i try click on to this page wintex errors and shuts down

any ideas

wayne

Wayne Hibbs

Don't know what the problem is, but definately not a Wintex/Vista compatibility issue.

I've been running Wintex on my laptop (Vista Business os) for over a year now with no problems whatsoever. Currently running Wintex version 5.3 build 3 beta 10.

Try a re-installation. If it still fails then try right clicking the app and run it as administrator.

If still no joy then post back.

'J

tried that i can get it to work in administrator mode but then i can get wintex to shut down

i get an error can not set data cor com port

Wayne Hibbs

Don't know what the problem is, but definately not a Wintex/Vista compatibility issue.

I've been running Wintex on my laptop (Vista Business os) for over a year now with no problems whatsoever. Currently running Wintex version 5.3 build 3 beta 10.

can you till me where i can get wintex version 5.3 build 3 beta 10

i have loged into texecom site but can only download version 5.3 build 2

thanks

Wayne Hibbs

can you till me where i can get wintex version 5.3 build 3 beta 10

i have loged into texecom site but can only download version 5.3 build 2

thanks

at last i have found thr problem

Caution !!!!

Caution !!!!

do not install adobe Reader 9 is Mass up your pc Big Time Spent the last 4 Hours resting up my whole laptop

Wayne Hibbs

I've stuck with reader 7.08 as all further versions seem to do weird and wonderfull things !!!.

Only problem is whenever you try and find a previous version all links kick you straight onto version 9-apart from one site I found that keeps all the earlier ones for the reasons like you've just found :hmm: .

Rich.

Archived