Security Installer Community

9448+ Control Panel is Dead?

Guest liamliddy

If i was you Chris, making the tea seems a good start and then once they master that, carrying your tool box. Ladders might be a bit technical for him, after all hes got to work out which way round they go.

And Steve K, I do go up Ladders occasionally, very occasionally :lol::lol:

and a final thought whilst on the topic of apprentices, zip tie their hands and feet to the ladder so they dont walk off whilst they are supposed to be footing them!

not that I'm bitter or owt...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Hi Colin,

It's not that I would normaly have to use them. (decorative effect only) it's just the fact that i've got to find SOMETHING the apprentice is good at :D

Regards

Bellman

When are //.National Installer.// processing the apprentice applications?

Haven't heard owt yet :(

Warren

It took them over 3 months to sort out my application.

As i said previously in the thread, the wheels turn very slowly in big companies....

Regards

Chris

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

If i was you Chris, making the tea seems a good start and then once they master that, carrying your tool box. Ladders might be a bit technical for him, after all hes got to work out which way round they go.

Hi Colin

Well, I get a new lad tomorrow for a few days.

He's come over from the dark side (Install) to see the light of service :P

Freshly quallified and a bit of a grafter so i'm informed.

Gonna show him the ropes tomorrow so should be fun !

Tea is covered since I bring a flask (once got caught out on a dark cold job in the middle of nowhere).

Toolbox !!! I'm service, Terminal Driver only :D

Regards

Bellman

:lol:  :lol: Dont forget the shades and a pen!! :lol:

Hi Colin,

Had the shades on all day B)

Not had to carry the heavy pen either, as the "Young un" has been filling the service dockets out today. :D

Must say, i'm impressed, He's worked hard today and has shown competance & initiative, (trotted off to the shop to fetch cold pop for us both, very welcome, especialy in this sweltering weather).

I've shown him a few of the common faults, we did a RedCare service change and a few other bits and pieces so all went well today. but i did have to hang around the office waiting for him this morning <_<

It just goes to show that there is still some promising young engineers about,

Just a matter of identifying them and giving them the right guidence.

Regards

Bellman

Yeh, I have had a few apprentices over the years and its true there are a few really goods ones, but generally there are a lot that don't want to work. Sito's National training programmes have helped our industry a lot, but ultimately its all down to attitude and who they get paired up with to do the training. If they want to learn you have to do your best to further their knowledge as these guys are our industries future.

Archived