Security Installer Community

Act180 Zap Checker Rf

zaz

we have one and its one of those 'hardly used but nothing else does it' bits of kit.

We got it when we got our checkmate tester (again rarely used etc but wonderful for 1 man fault finding) but now for sites where we suspect transients etc we use a Fluke scope with trendplot and leave it there for a week or 2. We then download the plot to see whats occuring and when etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

we have one and its one of those 'hardly used but nothing else does it' bits of kit.

We got it when we got our checkmate tester (again rarely used etc but wonderful for 1 man fault finding) but now for sites where we suspect transients etc we use a Fluke scope with trendplot and leave it there for a week or 2. We then download the plot to see whats occuring and when etc.

Thanks for that, i have nothing else for the job so i suppose i will have to bite the bullet and use it once a year,if i can find it in the back of the van.

Thanks for that, i have nothing else for the job so i suppose i will have to bite the bullet and use it once a year,if i can find it in the back of the van.

I haven't looked at the ACT stuff but I can tell you what I use for RF detection, a Optoelectronics "Scout" which has a wide range and a digital frequency display. If you know what a frequency counter is it's one of them but way more sensitive.

Once I have logged the problem frequency I use a radio receiver to see if it's a signal or noise. Only used it a handful of times but it's great for finding one faulty RF unit out of hundreds on a wireless nursecall! :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived