Security Installer Community

Connecting A Lg Gdk16 To Cat5

mattturner

I'm trying to connect a LG GDK16 to CAT5 cable via a patch pannel ?

I can get the SLT extensions to work using the blue pair in a patch lead but when it comes to the digital extension ousing the green pair in a patch lead i'm going nowhere ????

it will not matter if its an anologue or digital extension, i the system is 2 wire, they will both use blue/white in a cat5e socket,

ideally your sockets all come to a patch panel, then your ports from the switch come to their own patch panel. you can then 'patch' what port you like to any socket.

hope that helps

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Its a PBX prob ?
unfortunatly i don't se this exchange, only Panasonc and Seimens, but the principles are the same.

i had assumed you have already set up the ports in programming (because you referenced problems the cable colours).

start with a known working port either anologue or digital and test with a known working handset accordingly o illiminate the switch or programming as the problem, if that works refer to my 1st answere, if not you going to have to go into the program side to sort it out, you might have the port switched off, if its like siemens HiPath kit then the digital ports only switch on after power up after you connect a handset so that might be your problem :unsure: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The GDK has two ext card types. Digital and analouge. One for feature phones (two pair), and one for SLT's (one pair).

You simply need to make sure you present the pairs as required to the line mod which is plugged into the cat5e socket.

As a reference, below is a pin out.....

I have not worked on a GDK for a couple of years, and without looking at the manual I cannot recall if the data pair uses 1 and 6 or 3 and 4? I do recall that feature phones require a secondary socket/line mod, and SLT's a secondary, implying that the data is on 3 and 4.

Try both, or bell out the line cord.

Pin out to follow......

29x9dlu.gif

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived