Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpx Digicom/vo-comm Setup

sd6446

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to have a delay between my CPX alarm triggering and the Vo-comm unit transmitting the alarm message to my mobile phone? The reason being that on occasion my wife has set-off the alarm by accident and although she has reset the system within a short time, I still receive a call from the CPX. If I could program a v. short delay it could help to prevent me receiving these 'false alarm' calls.

Also, if there were a delay of, say, 15 seconds, I had wondered whether the vo-comm unit had the capability of reporting all of the zones that had been triggered in this time (i.e false alarms in the past have only involved 1 zone triggering, whereas a true break-in would potentially trigger many zones, but currently the vocomm unit will only report the first zone triggered. Would a 15 second delay allow the vocomm to report all of the zones triggered?).

I have been through the manual(s) and the only option I can see is for the Digicom, whereby a 'Digi Delay' can be programmed. I guess this is something else - perhaps someone can also enlighten me as to what the Digicom Channels are used for? (Monitoring by a central call centre or something?).

Finally, as an aside, I know it's possible to program the CPX using a P.C over a phone line, but is it possible to connect to the control pannel directly (presumably with an adapted modem lead of some sort)?

Many thanks,

Steve.

i think the issue here is that dialler/voice comms are not proper signalling so dont have all the options of say the digi available.

If you used say SIA 3 to an Alarm recieving centre then you could. Using a voice dialler i doubt it as they are not designed offer the same level of security as sach a digicom.

to be fair digi monitoring is not expensive these days and far better than a voice dialler especially if its en compliant as this tests the path daily

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i think the issue here is that dialler/voice comms are not proper signalling so dont have all the options of say the digi available.

If you used say SIA 3 to an Alarm recieving centre then you could. Using a voice dialler i doubt it as they are not designed offer the same level of security as sach a digicom.

to be fair digi monitoring is not expensive these days and far better than a voice dialler especially if its en compliant as this tests the path daily

Thanks!

James, i think program all the channels for 'restore' in the digicom section, then the VoCom shuts down on unsetting with code/fob

there is a comms intruder signalling (programmable time) delay, but is only for when part set is used, not sure if it delays the VoCom though.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if its dd243 compliant (it claims it) then it does have a programmable delay on the intruder. Bells will sound etc but the comm would be delayed.

I am talking about the intruder signal mind

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

if its dd243 compliant (it claims it) then it does have a programmable delay on the intruder. Bells will sound etc but the comm would be delayed.

I am talking about the intruder signal mind

thats right, i was addressing only the VoCom as regarding comms was the original o/p question,

not that he should use it, but if he did he would set any bell delay elswhere which then would be global on all sets.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived