Security Installer Community

Intergard Sounder

DamienGiles

Hello!

I bought a soundbomb but I'm looking for an extra internal siren.

(wow, that soundbomb is loud!)

Anyway - I'm looking around some sites and I'm not too sure what to go for.

I like the look of the Gardtec Intergard becuase it's SAB/SCB selectable, tamper front and rear.

Any suggestions on a particular sounder which someone will use if they had their way?

Also, I bought a 8 way tampered connection block for the sound bomb - as the soundbomb only came with the -0v +12v connections (for obvious reasons - is this how others connected theirs up?

Thanks!

Alex

Hello!

I bought a soundbomb but I'm looking for an extra internal siren.

(wow, that soundbomb is loud!)

Anyway - I'm looking around some sites and I'm not too sure what to go for.

I like the look of the Gardtec Intergard becuase it's SAB/SCB selectable, tamper front and rear.

Any suggestions on a particular sounder which someone will use if they had their way?

Also, I bought a 8 way tampered connection block for the sound bomb - as the soundbomb only came with the -0v +12v connections (for obvious reasons - is this how others connected theirs up?

Thanks!

Alex

Why don't you just get another sond bomb. It will connect the same just make sure more than enough currant is available.

the main reason is I want the siren to sound if the wire is cut .

are you at serious risk of this attack?

if the alarm is armed they will have to bypass the detection to cut your internal siren wire (imo i din't think they will be likely to bother at this point), if the alarm is unset what are you doing letting such low life retches past the front door?

wired properly your external siren/s are protected from tampering with and cable cutting, as are your detectors and panel, haveing an sab internal siren is ott in most homes, but then if you actually need it then you need a proper grade 3 system with ARC connection installed and maintained by either a NSI (old NACOSS) or SSAIB Regisered company (which as DIY system you can't have - sorry!)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

My fault for not explaining properly. The sounder itself will be inside an internal metal structure (a 6 x 5 x 4ft metal box) located about a foot away from out external wall within an enclosed garden.

We have run piping bringing the gap between the two buildings ready to run a cable in there. As the "garage" will be on a part set system, it is easy that the house will be unset whilst the garage is set (and keeping my bike snuggy warm!).

I wasn't sure if this warrants putting an external siren INSIDE the box but an internal siren seemed a better option.

My fault for not explaining properly. The sounder itself will be inside an internal metal structure (a 6 x 5 x 4ft metal box) located about a foot away from out external wall within an enclosed garden.

We have run piping bringing the gap between the two buildings ready to run a cable in there. As the "garage" will be on a part set system, it is easy that the house will be unset whilst the garage is set (and keeping my bike snuggy warm!).

I wasn't sure if this warrants putting an external siren INSIDE the box but an internal siren seemed a better option.

thanks for explaining,

seems to me you are over complicationg for no real advantage, by all means fit a normal extension speaker in the 'box', they can be bought with a tamper contact fitted.

if your alarm is part set then when setting/unsetting, the garage sounder will indicate starting/stopping these proceedures, so if billy bike theif enters via the box door (programmed final exit) the speaker will sound, you will also hear the extension and keypad speakers in the house alerting you.

if you are off site, after the entry time expires the external siren will also sound and the speakers will increase volume also detering the intruder (hopefully).

if the lid or cable is attacked then that will cause local sirens to operate in the box and the house, so i fail see any value in making the 'box' siren SAB/SCB operation.

Gardtec make a sound bomb with strobe built in, might be ideal for you needs me thinks.

regs

alan

thanks for your reply. don't you just hate newbies coming here with loads of questions? ha.

I'm having a little trouble understanding that a sab wouldn't benefit?

the box itself is an external structure with "exposed" (by piping) wiring running the door contact/shock detector and an internal siren to the house.

now the box doesn't contain a rkp and as such the door to the box isn't an entry/exit - so to add/remove a bike from the box you have to get in the house, unset and unlock the box door - mainly because i don't want to use g-tag in the box and I don't have an additional rkp.

so, if i'm in the house and the garage is part set and the scum tries to force the door then the internal sirens (house and box) sound and i come out with large object.

if i'm away from the house and the house is on full set and the soundbomb is in the box and said scum isolates soundbomb wire in trunking between house and garage then when alarm goes off he won't be deafened within the box - but ofcourse external siren will sound.

however, if said scum cuts any or all wires in trunking using sab then said scum would be deafened.

I think i see what you're saying by it being a bit of a waste - in the sense that if the customer cuts the wire then regardless the house external bell will sound but what I suppose I'm trying to achieve is to ensure that said scum cannot "disconnect" the internal siren within the box (assuming he has a little knowledge).

thanks for your reply. don't you just hate newbies coming here with loads of questions? ha.

I'm having a little trouble understanding that a sab wouldn't benefit?

the box itself is an external structure with "exposed" (by piping) wiring running the door contact/shock detector and an internal siren to the house.

now the box doesn't contain a rkp and as such the door to the box isn't an entry/exit - so to add/remove a bike from the box you have to get in the house, unset and unlock the box door - mainly because i don't want to use g-tag in the box and I don't have an additional rkp.

so, if i'm in the house and the garage is part set and the scum tries to force the door then the internal sirens (house and box) sound and i come out with large object.

if i'm away from the house and the house is on full set and the soundbomb is in the box and said scum isolates soundbomb wire in trunking between house and garage then when alarm goes off he won't be deafened within the box - but ofcourse external siren will sound.

however, if said scum cuts any or all wires in trunking using sab then said scum would be deafened.

I think i see what you're saying by it being a bit of a waste - in the sense that if the customer cuts the wire then regardless the house external bell will sound but what I suppose I'm trying to achieve is to ensure that said scum cannot "disconnect" the internal siren within the box (assuming he has a little knowledge).

only you can really assess this the risk,

very true if the cable is chopped at the pipes the box speaker would also be cut, imo run the cables in galvenised conduit fit security screws and tamper contacts to any lids, an external siren to the rear of the house could be more effective in disuading the thief from continuing and far harder to reach in order to ddefeat or smash it.

regs

alan

Archived