Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751/9930 Rfx, "super Z12"

kuchars22

Hi,

I've got an RFX08 connected to my 9751. I've got four RF PIRs, two are in outbuildings and two in the house, one of which is in the room (Zone 12) directly below the loft where the RFX expander lives, 2 meters if it was a direct line. I'm testing the reliability of the PIRs that are in the outbuilding so I set the alarm to Part C, which is only those two PIRs. After about an hour a constant "Beep" every second sounds from the keypad, and upon resetting it says "Super Z12". I know this means that the RFX failed to receive a signal from the detector from Zone 12, but this is the closest PIR of them all. It's get fresh lithium batteries in them and they are not out of date.

Does anyone have any experience of this and is it likely that the pir is duff? I've double checked the registration to the expander and gives a Pass signal.

Thanks

whats your supervision timer set to, and have you programmed that sensor not to send supervision pulses?

I didn't know there was a supervision timer. The RFX expander has a jumper to select supervision on or off. The RFX manual says it tries to contact each PIR every two hours.

If it's just the supervision that is failing, I could live with that by doing regular walk-tests to ensure the detector is actually working, but I can't test it as it won't let me set the alarm until the problem is resolved. Hold on, I do remember seeing an option in the manual to allow to set even if supervision has failed. I did test the detector prior to setting the alarm and it was ok.

Come to think of it, when I tested the other night, two detectors suddenly failed supervision, the other two were fine, and I'm wondering if it's the RFX panel itself. Any more suggestions?

Thanks

delete the sensor and re- learn it.

Will give that a go tomorrow and let you know. Just looked in the manual, it checks every hour, and there is no option to set even with a supervision failure.

Just a quick question while you are still up: if I were to trip the tamper on a wireless PIR, think it's the 715R, could I get a strength reading from the RFX? The manual says you need to point the detector at the sensor but that'll be impossible given the location of the detector. Also, it doesn't state what the range goes up to.

Thanks

Guest anguscanplay
Will give that a go tomorrow and let you know. Just looked in the manual, it checks every hour, and there is no option to set even with a supervision failure.

Just a quick question while you are still up: if I were to trip the tamper on a wireless PIR, think it's the 715R, could I get a strength reading from the RFX? The manual says you need to point the detector at the sensor but that'll be impossible given the location of the detector. Also, it doesn't state what the range goes up to.

Thanks

afraid that I dont know, the Risco panel we use gives you a % reading from within the programming but yours isnt a panel I`m familiar with

To check signal strengh of individual zones insitu:

Put RFX in learn mode

select zone to be checked

Activate zone

Green LED pass, red LED fail

Also 7 seg display will swing between zone no. and signal strength.

I assume the RFX is right way up? They dont like being fitted sideways!

Archived