Security Installer Community

Minimum Components To Have Screened Cabling

kuchars22

Hi,

All of my existing cabling under the floorboards is unscreened, and now that I am moving and re-wiring the panel, I've got the opportunity of replacing cables for the bell, radio expander, keypad and internal sounder that are above floorboards. Should I consider using screened cabling whilst I have the chance, or would unscreened be ok? It's a 3 bed house, crossing 240v mains here and there, but not running parallel for more than two meters. I also have an ACT AC inducer fitted to the panel if this helps.

Thanks

screening is obviously preferred, but for most installs isnt needed, unless you have a particular interference problem, or your near a large rf source.

Putting the cables in the correct place is the better way to go, but if you have the chance you can never have too much cable installed lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

screening is obviously preferred, but for most installs isnt needed, unless you have a particular interference problem, or your near a large rf source.

Putting the cables in the correct place is the better way to go, but if you have the chance you can never have too much cable installed lol

I'm relocating the panel under the stairs. The problem is is that I have the consumer unit there, and a wireless router! Is this included as a "No! No!" situation?

i have a WiFi access point in my loft directly above the panel position (in a cupbaord below it), has radio receiver for pirs and no issues.

a lot is made of screen cable on alarms systems, but shortly after the early d10 years of electronics being used in systems it was no longer required.

latest standards ask for the keypad to be in screen cable and so are the links to zone expanders (as keypads can be brached from them) but this is mainly for RFi reduction compliance - not for the panels needs.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived