Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9955 Rfx Keeps Reporting "tamper"

kuchars22

Hi all,

I've got the equipment on a workbench prior to installation. Currently I have the 9930 kp, 1 wired PIR and an Elmdene bell wired up to a 9750 panel. On battery kick-start (no mains), it starts up ok albeit reports there is no mains.

Now I have connected the 9955 RFX expander and even if the tamper is not open, the KP keeps reporting that there is a tamper on the RFX ("Exp 01 Tamper") upon kick-start and the KP sounder goes off. Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

By the way, I can't seem to set the alarm on any level as it keeps saying Mains Fail. Can you not set the alarm on battery only?

Thanks

cant help on the rf point but to comply with en regs no you cant set without mains, and in reality you wouldnt want to.

But it will be an option you can disable, on a galaxy its called stop set, id assume its similar on the scanny

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

cant help on the rf point but to comply with en regs no you cant set without mains, and in reality you wouldnt want to.

But it will be an option you can disable, on a galaxy its called stop set, id assume its similar on the scanny

Hi thanks for that information, I can't find anything in the install manual, but just found that you can continue to set as described in the user manual. Thanks

Hi thanks for that information, I can't find anything in the install manual, but just found that you can continue to set as described in the user manual. Thanks

I forgot to also mention about the RFX issue - despite the switch being held down during kick-start, and I'm still getting EXP 01 Tamper, I know the switch is working because if I release the switch the alarm occurs.

Thanks

are you sure that the expander is 01, ie is it 00 and 01 is in tamper elsewhere or not fitted?

Hi, it's resolved itself now, not sure how though! Maybe the lid wasn't on properly so the spring wasn't holding the tamper down. Thanks for your help any way guys!

Archived