Security Installer Community

Tannoy System Over A Cctv System? Is This Possible

mitsifto123

hi guys,

just after some advice & pointers please..

1 ) one of my clients whom I am installing a 16 camera system wants a tannoy system (public address system....what ever you want to call it) at the same time with the cctv. Is there a way to have a tannoy system over the cctv cabling using the cat5E.?? Or would it better to install a seperate tannoy system.??

2) Can anyone reccomend a dvr for this particular requirement please.

3) Also has anyone used these blast dome cameras http://www.digitalvideos.co.uk/default.asp...&txtId=3377

any advantages disadvantages??

4) I prefer using these mainly because you can set them up at any angle, is there a equivalent in the smoked dome version...i.e. something as flexible in terms of setting up the camera angle

Your responses are greatly appriciated

Thanks

T

.??

Concept Pro(videcon) DVR has Audio input and output, and works over ADSL

3) Also has anyone used these blast dome cameras http://www.digitalvideos.co.uk/default.asp...&txtId=3377

Sometimes you get bounce back on the glass from the LED's, you also get ghosting effect and a white point of picture, They arn't the best to fit either if there the 0ones with the small alen key that you have to lock it into place.

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

To keep it simple, and with PA using cat5 look at Valcom's website, its American kit, you can just dial into using a phone, and the PA has a little amp in each speaker fed down BT cable or cat5. Available in the Uk through telephone installation suppliers.

I have a couple of sites I look after using it and its pretty reliable, and doesnt hurt once you get used to it LOL

As above, we use Adpro and Heitel, Adpro much better IMO

Absolutely, Adpro if the client wants a monitored system, but if he just wants to dial in from home, to a DVR it might be an expensive option.

Hard to beat Adpro for reliability and tech support, which you need if youve never installed one before.

[Hi

I have worked with Dowshu and installed a system where we have the ability to speak to a camera location.

quote name=mitsifto123' date='Aug 3 2008, 02:59 PM' post='206255]

hi guys,

just after some advice & pointers please..

1 ) one of my clients whom I am installing a 16 camera system wants a tannoy system (public address system....what ever you want to call it) at the same time with the cctv. Is there a way to have a tannoy system over the cctv cabling using the cat5E.?? Or would it better to install a seperate tannoy system.??

4) I prefer using these mainly because you can set them up at any angle, is there a equivalent in the smoked dome version...i.e. something as flexible in terms of setting up the camera angle

Your responses are greatly appriciated

Thanks

T

Hard to beat Adpro for reliability and tech support, which you need if youve never installed one before.

I installed my first Adpro a couple of weeks ago. Id never seen one in my life. Piece of pie to install, took bout tens mins to get used to how they do things, only had 10 alarms to install on it, remote activation and one control but seriously easy, absolutely no need for tech support!!!! :)

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Archived