Security Installer Community

Email Scam?

just got the following email through along with a zipped file.... I'm guessing its a scam (didn't open the file)... has anyone else come across it ??

Greetings,

Thank you for using our new service "Buy flight ticket Online" on our website.

Your account has been created:

Your login: dave@xxxxxx.co.uk

Your password: passXXXX

Your credit card has been charged for $450.17.

We would like to remind you that whenever you order tickets on our website you get a discount of 10%!

Attached to this message is the purchase Invoice and the flight ticket.

To use your ticket, simply print it on a color printed, and you are set to take off for the journey!

Kind regards,

Gladys Bland

Southwest Airlines

just got the following email through along with a zipped file.... I'm guessing its a scam (didn't open the file)... has anyone else come across it ??

Greetings,

We would like to remind you that whenever you order tickets on our website you get a discount of 10%!

To use your ticket, simply print it on a color printed, and you are set to take off for the journey!

Kind regards,

Gladys Bland

Southwest Airlines

Yep got it about 6 or 7 times this week, but like this rest it ended up in the bin :bruce_h4h:

The attachment is unsurprisingly called eTicket#XXXX.zip, which contains the malware, detected as Troj/Zbot-AE.

If you happen to launch this binary you

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Greetings,

Kind regards,

Gladys Bland

Southwest Airlines

these are incidious phishing emails,

the line "your credit card has been charged" without your authority plays on id theft fears, this will send many rushing to correct the 'mistake' or fraud, so open the attachment to do so is what they relly on, not your acceptance of the email as gospel.

just bin it and add the server to your barred senders.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Greetings,

Kind regards,

Gladys Bland

Southwest Airlines

Had a guy phone today to order something his card wouldnt go through,

he phones back and has been cleaned out, guess what he replied to a similar E-mail.

takes all sorts i suppose.

I am on holiday in Florida at the moment and have been using my Credit Card every day.

Last night i get an E-Mail saying that i had booked 2 x Flights with JetBlue Airways with a booking reference and an E ticket using my credit card.

I phone my bank ASAP to find nothing had gone from my account so i put a stop on the card for 24 hours. Phoned them back today and all is ok.

I was a little worried for a while.

Ho well

I am on holiday in Florida at the moment and have been using my Credit Card every day.

Last night i get an E-Mail saying that i had booked 2 x Flights with JetBlue Airways with a booking reference and an E ticket using my credit card.

I phone my bank ASAP to find nothing had gone from my account so i put a stop on the card for 24 hours. Phoned them back today and all is ok.

I was a little worried for a while.

Ho well

fortunately you responded in the best way on a prime example of the concern it caused you and so others.

internet banking, ebay all cause some concern to everyone, making us more ready to react to any irregularities, the more gullible would raise the issue with the sender and open the attachment.

a golden rule agianst fraud - always always contact the money lender direct i.e. paypal visa etc your bank (in your case the card issuer), never never ever the the person issuing the suspect demand/advice note of a sale or charge made.

if not sure then back a disgustingly worded very insulting reply a pucker firm will be so insulted and you can appologise at worse, but no reaction just means they were less likely to be pucker.

i have a vaut f junk mail is end out in reply - childish granted but so so satisfying

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

fortunately you responded in the best way on a prime example of the concern it caused you and so others.

internet banking, ebay all cause some concern to everyone, making us more ready to react to any irregularities, the more gullible would raise the issue with the sender and open the attachment.

a golden rule agianst fraud - always always contact the money lender direct i.e. paypal visa etc your bank (in your case the card issuer), never never ever the the person issuing the suspect demand/advice note of a sale or charge made.

if not sure then back a disgustingly worded very insulting reply a pucker firm will be so insulted and you can appologise at worse, but no reaction just means they were less likely to be pucker.

i have a vaut f junk mail is end out in reply - childish granted but so so satisfying

regs

alan

Hi Guys Got this on one of the machines on our network at work today and as usual useless staff with no brains opens the flight confirmation zip file and runs the .exe virus took me 2 hours i have the programs to fix if any1 needs them let me know !

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I get all c##p in my inbox or would if I didn't filter it first, sometimes even report it - online banking is the normal one, I have 1 account and I've yet to have one that says it's from my actual bank - that doesn't get filter as "ok"... all that happens to it is it's deleted and never gets downloaded beyond the header / 1st 20 lines.

If one does accidently get through AV generally slams the door shut pretty quick on it..

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived