Security Installer Community

Odd Problem With Dm Kit

ssedd

Has anyone else had this?

We have had a few systems installed for a while with dm kit and pelco domes and it has all seemed to work ok. Recently though I have found that the domes do not always preset when the system alarms. The alarms show up at being activated but the dome does not always go to the preset. The events show the correct zone is being activated and the programming has been double checked but the dome does not move, if the preset is called manually the dome responds but via an alarm it does not even though the debug screen shows the command being sent out. I have tried tech support at DM and at Pelco but have had no joy. Anyone had this before or any ideas?

Hi had the same problem but also had the domes creeping as though the joystick was sticking, updated the dm firmware and ended up changing the unit which cured the problem. :rolleyes:

SSAIB Approved.

If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

I have tried different units on one particular job with no joy and all the units have been upgraded to the latest firmware I have also tried formatting the unit and reinstalling the software, the odd thing is it dosent seem to be on all the units we have fitted so I cant turn round and say its obviously a unit/software problem because the answer is well we havnt had the problem reported anywhere else.

id check you data terminations etc. Had this on sites with some domes incorrectly terminated. Also if you have been controlling the cam then issue the alarm does it respond then? if not id suspect the unit

Or is it coax telem? never used pelco c on presets

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Has anyone else had this?

We have had a few systems installed for a while with dm kit and pelco domes and it has all seemed to work ok. Recently though I have found that the domes do not always preset when the system alarms. The alarms show up at being activated but the dome does not always go to the preset. The events show the correct zone is being activated and the programming has been double checked but the dome does not move, if the preset is called manually the dome responds but via an alarm it does not even though the debug screen shows the command being sent out. I have tried tech support at DM and at Pelco but have had no joy. Anyone had this before or any ideas?

If as you say the dome presets ALWAYS work when manually called ( through the DM keyboard I presume or from a PC ) then I would not believe you have any distance issues. The DM if working correctly, it just sends the same signal to the dome whether the command comes from an alarm input or manually called.

If sometimes the dome does not respond manually all the time then you will be looking at cable distances. I know you have checked all the programming but just a chance you may have priority configuration errors making the dome not respond as you want.

Usual advice really bring a dome to the DM, 2m cable and take it from there.

Archived