Security Installer Community

Suff In Gland Colour

No, agree does not have to be but....why make things difficult by using white when you can use red??

customers says "bright red cable,no f***ing way" so supply & demand and fit white FP200.

as long as I record red was advised as per 5839 recommendation it is no problem on my part.

I'm colour blind anyway, lol

customers says "bright red cable,no f***ing way" so supply & demand and fit white FP200.

as long as I record red was advised as per 5839 recommendation it is no problem on my part.

I'm colour blind anyway, lol

Umm...can't say I've ever come across this but s'pose it could happen in surface retro-fit installations. Invisible cable may be the answer...wireless maybe??

Guest G.J.M

it's not a variation to use white cable as red is only the preferred colour.

However red is the prefrerred colour as it is a requirement to be diferrent from any other cable in the building,so if you already have em-lighting in white fp then it would be a variation if your customer insists on white for decorative reasons.

i have installed many surface wired jobs in white fp, and i done a job in the albert dock in liverpool a few years back where they wanted any surface wiring in black fp so that it does not stand out against the brickwork.

although compliance with the regs is the main thing, it is also important that the installation of a fire alarm system does not spoil the decor and look of a building.

Guest Thunderfingers
i have installed many surface wired jobs in white fp, and i done a job in the albert dock in liverpool a few years back where they wanted any surface wiring in black fp so that it does not stand out against the brickwork.

although compliance with the regs is the main thing, it is also important that the installation of a fire alarm system does not spoil the decor and look of a building.

Yeah,particularly when the fire is licking round the rafters!!!!

Yeah,particularly when the fire is licking round the rafters!!!!

can you get fp in yellow :hmm: and green :hmm:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Yes, we use it to run the earth from the MCP's.

so you can get a roll of yellow fp and a roll of green fp not a stripped like you may have thought? :slackjaw1:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived