Security Installer Community

Question About A Panic Button

I am adding a panic button to a new panel.

Am I correct in thinking that its behaviour should be the same as that of a tamper switch?

By that I mean, when activated, it should cause a full alarm whether the panel is 'armed' or not.

So I should simply connect the switch to a tamper circuit?

Ken.

I am adding a panic button to a new panel.

Am I correct in thinking that its behaviour should be the same as that of a tamper switch?

By that I mean, when activated, it should cause a full alarm whether the panel is 'armed' or not.

So I should simply connect the switch to a tamper circuit?

Ken.

Normally a tamper zone activates internals only when unset and externals when set on an audible only system.

A PA zone would normally be programmed to activate internals and externals when unset.

Some panels don't have a dedicated PA zone, they just have a series of zones which can be programmed according to what's connected to them.

If you tell us what panel you have somebody may be able to give you more specific advice.

Normally a tamper zone activates internals only when unset and externals when set on an audible only system.

A PA zone would normally be programmed to activate internals and externals when unset.

Some panels don't have a dedicated PA zone, they just have a series of zones which can be programmed according to what's connected to them.

If you tell us what panel you have somebody may be able to give you more specific advice.

The panel is a HKC SW812 (standard in Ireland).

It does allow a zone to be defined as a PA zone.

I think I understand now the difference between tamper and PA as you explained above.

It has to do with which type of alarm happens when the panel is not armed.

Thank you - one more learning box ticked :)

Ken

I think I understand now the difference between tamper and PA as you explained above.

Ken

also ken, if you already have a pa circuit in there, you will need to wire in series......not parallel.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Ken

also what happens if its not armed, a PA will operate the externals unless programmed not to (silent pa).

you will see a '24 hour' option which is more like a tamper than a pa, but will operate the external siren and any dialler connected even if the system is not armed, and can be destinguished as intruder signal as oppoed to a pab (higher priority) signal.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived