Security Installer Community

X-vision Xp16sw100e

xviz

Hi Neil

Thank you for buying an X-vision product.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with the X-vision card, it does not sound like a hardware issue or a software issue, it may be a bandwidth issue.

to help me fins a solution I would like to run a few tests please, can you PM me the IP address and login details so I can login and test it.

Can you also confirm the following for me please:

1. Are you using the web browser or the Client Software to view the cameras?

2. In the Setup menu, under the Network tab, what is the Network Image quality and Speed set to?

It is not a common problem that you are experiencing so I am not able to give you an instant answer, I can assure you however that I will get it resolved to your satisfaction!

Best regards

Peter

Extended ethernet is similar to dsl. So it depends on range but you can easily get 10 megs over a couple of km's, and when i say megapixel its megapixel over ip.

The issue is one of types of equipement, a proper DVR to me costs around

Our High def systems use up to 20TB a month or 69MB per frame and more depending how many cameras and quality but saying that nothing else compares to the quality, just incredible. I do wish you all the best but be careful what you say about people on here, they do give their advice and time for FREE... These guys are your path to safety, especially if you spent a lot on this card!!

Glad Peter R showed up just as I mentioned his name, must try and use that power in the future..!! Hello Peter, if that is indeed your real name..

And Heyyyyyy Anguscanplay my AC/DC CCTV Man.. How are tricks, long time no speak dude.. So they let you back in here ya? Are they mad!!

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Yes extended ethernet is just that, fibre is better but im a copper man myself, only use fibre if range or bandwidth is a real problem

It was the wrong image, it isnt a 10mega pixel, we are doing a trail on the same site with a 10 megapixel camera (a 400d as it happens) but the 10 mega pixels are not available yet due to processing demand on camera. I have attahced the correct image now which is a 5 mega pixel Iqinvision camera on our dvr. We use exif on the bigger systems for details in the jpeg but you can turn it off as it does have a slight overhead, exif is usefull for storing all sorts of info, such as watermark checksums etc, as well as having them inside the image data, when we run at high (and we have used the arecont 8 mp dome) you can only run limited fps per input, also motion detection is a must. We tend to run 2 inputs of the same camera, 1 set at 640 x 480 or 1280 x 1024 set normally, and using vmd to trigger the same camera at its highest res depeding on recorder. We usually run at 5-7 fps max in alarm.

But as rule we use 2 or 3 mp not 5. Plus the cost of mp units is a lot higher. We have also trialled sentryscope and that is awesome.

post-17355-1214864531_thumb.jpg

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Our High def systems use up to 20TB a month or 69MB per frame and more depending how many cameras and quality but saying that nothing else compares to the quality, just incredible. I do wish you all the best but be careful what you say about people on here, they do give their advice and time for FREE... These guys are your path to safety, especially if you spent a lot on this card!!

Glad Peter R showed up just as I mentioned his name, must try and use that power in the future..!! Hello Peter, if that is indeed your real name..

And Heyyyyyy Anguscanplay my AC/DC CCTV Man.. How are tricks, long time no speak dude.. So they let you back in here ya? Are they mad!!

cheers for the advice on people issues in the forum.

We haven't spent a great deal on the card, relative to the entire system (cameras etc.). It was

They cerainly aint cheap and yes the image i posted is from sentry.

We used the dslr as a proof of concept regarding real load of a 10mp, and to be honest wouldnt scale above 8 cams. But as with anything its framerate based. I didnt wire this in mind, but they used a the cf connector inside the camera not the usb port. I dont think it was a std camera. Just what they were using in r&d, we had it in a housing for 2 weeks. They tell me the trial was 'interesting' lol whatever that means.

12 mp will be the next big release im told. The system for remote viewing is based on streaming vga, either over jpeg/mpeg/flash etc then offering high res stills on demand.

but you can imagine the arrays required. This is why i said raid 5 isnt upto it, it just doesnt have the sustained write speed, will probably end up as raid 10 on sata, im hoping the new pmr drives will sustain it, but we will see. Test machine used scsi and was worth a lot, i can only assume it had cheetah's but didnt ask.

I suppose if you assume 1 meg an image, and 5 fps per cam...... you can do the maths lol

But the i/f is cool as it provides very useable digital ptz on playback, of a wide lens, 120 degrees.

They cerainly aint cheap and yes the image i posted is from sentry.

We used the dslr as a proof of concept regarding real load of a 10mp, and to be honest wouldnt scale above 8 cams. But as with anything its framerate based. I didnt wire this in mind, but they used a the cf connector inside the camera not the usb port. I dont think it was a std camera. Just what they were using in r&d, we had it in a housing for 2 weeks. They tell me the trial was 'interesting' lol whatever that means.

12 mp will be the next big release im told. The system for remote viewing is based on streaming vga, either over jpeg/mpeg/flash etc then offering high res stills on demand.

but you can imagine the arrays required. This is why i said raid 5 isnt upto it, it just doesnt have the sustained write speed, will probably end up as raid 10 on sata, im hoping the new pmr drives will sustain it, but we will see. Test machine used scsi and was worth a lot, i can only assume it had cheetah's but didnt ask.

I suppose if you assume 1 meg an image, and 5 fps per cam...... you can do the maths lol

But the i/f is cool as it provides very useable digital ptz on playback, of a wide lens, 120 degrees.

Interesting idea with the dslr, but the "interesting" note on the trial probably was the failure of the physical shutter after XXX,XXX shots. Was also probably too slow given that camera was around 3fps I think. 40D has a sustained 6.5fps (5.5-6 real world) so that might be a good option, and similarly 10megapixel. The physical shutter must be a pretty big stalling point, given that even the highest spec canon dslrs have 300,000 actuation expectation, and something like a 400D is probably only 100,000-150,000 expectation. Would work well with a camera which has an electronic shutter though - most small consumer cameras - although they'd suffer from noise issues in low light. Even the nikon dslrs which have electronic shutters still aren't really much use, because they're only electronic shutters above 1/500s or something like that. Below that, they use physical shutters.

This one had its shutter permanently open, as its lcd provided a very useful setup image, but caused issues at night. I suppose for a home setup you could use a remote trigger and pull say 15 frames of it, on an event, no good for a permanent install but..... some others will have more experice of this than me but the early and still used camera systems in banks etc, used film and run of 15000 shots on the pa activating. Film still beats digital for resolution.

This one had its shutter permanently open, as its lcd provided a very useful setup image, but caused issues at night. I suppose for a home setup you could use a remote trigger and pull say 15 frames of it, on an event, no good for a permanent install but..... some others will have more experice of this than me but the early and still used camera systems in banks etc, used film and run of 15000 shots on the pa activating. Film still beats digital for resolution.

I'll not start a film vs. digital argument on here....had enough of those on photo forums. Suffice to say, it depends what film and what digital you're comparing. Low ISO film will have better detail, but still not better than perhaps a medium format digital back. There was a test done on this a while back, and at that time, the conclusion was that ISO 25 and ISO 50 films with very tight grain would out resolve the best digitals at that time. Things have moved on a fair bit since that was done, with the likes of a Canon 1DsMkIII offering 21 megapixels now, and medium format offering vastly higher than that.

Archived