Security Installer Community

Vipor Wiring

Hi

We had an install done 3 years ago and not been impressed with the service of the company providing the maintenance, so have rung round and a couple of companies have been out to look at taking over the contract. Nearly all have made comments about the installation and i just need to know if it is rule or recommendation.

1 button on outside of last door for setting as at the moment it is on a delay.

2 vipers on windows should have independent wiring back to panel (2 zones thro same cable) reason given if the cable was cut it would cause a confirmed alarm.

3 vipers zones should be linked so one viper was to be activated and then a second viper activated on different window this would not cause a confirmation alarm.

4 no reset lines wired in for vipers or fire sensors to reset so led

Guest anguscanplay
Hi

We had an install done 3 years ago and not been impressed with the service of the company providing the maintenance, so have rung round and a couple of companies have been out to look at taking over the contract. Nearly all have made comments about the installation and i just need to know if it is rule or recommendation.

1 button on outside of last door for setting as at the moment it is on a delay. if your panel can, you could have closing the door sets the system

2 vipers on windows should have independent wiring back to panel (2 zones thro same cable) reason given if the cable was cut it would cause a confirmed alarm. cut cables send tamper signals so thats wrong anyway

3 vipers zones should be linked so one viper was to be activated and then a second viper activated on different window this would not cause a confirmation alarm.personnaly I would allow them to act independantly

4 no reset lines wired in for vipers or fire sensors to reset so led

Hi Angus

Thanks for the quick reply the panel is a dsc most of the compaies where going to change to a galaxy panel.

point 2 they did say 1 cable with 2 zones being cut would cause 2 faults and may lead to a confirmed activation. Redcare gsm is fitted and one engineer wanted to know if 2 vipers would case an activation so we put the system into test and tried it and it did. It was about 2 weeks and i got my phone bill and there was a few 0870 numbers which i did not recognise but they tallyed with the day and time we did the test since i have done another test to confirm the alarm is dialing the number. I know the redcare is working as we had the adsl changed and as this was done we had a call from the arc to say there was a line failure. I did however thort there was no call charges with redcare?

Col

No I have the number for the arc that i use it is very similer but not the same.

Col

The number the digi dials to will be different to the one you ring, the 0870 will be a receiver number

the 0870 may be a temp digi (before your redcare was commisioned) that was never disabled and its still sending 24 hour test signals.

The rest

1. I agree but not a requirement, final door setting is complaint.

2. Not true but we would not allow vipers to confirm, ie if someone hit but didnt break 2 or more windows you would have a confirmed false alarm. Im assuming there are no cables out side the protected area.

3. agree, but not a requirment more like good practice. (assuming seperate windows)

4. could be wired in or set to auto reset if on seperate circuits.

5. external sounder not a requirement, sounders depend on grade and signalling level.

6. see above.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yes that is correct. The bill shows the 0870 number i call the arc to put the system into test then another 0870 number that is dialed and then the 0870 number of the arc to cancel the test mode.

Col

Guest anguscanplay
Yes that is correct. The bill shows the 0870 number i call the arc to put the system into test then another 0870 number that is dialed and then the 0870 number of the arc to cancel the test mode.

Col

as redbull says - which signal are you sending to the ARC during your test?

Ok i call the arc to and ask for the system to be put on test. I then set the system and trigger the alarm after a minute disarm the system call the arc remove the test check they have received the signal. 2 different 0870 numbers show on the bill. I am right in saying that the system should not be calling out as a digicom system?

Col

Archived