Security Installer Community

Castle Rs232 Loom

Graham750

Yeah I suppose giving the pinouts on a tamper protected panel wouldnt be a problem but what hapens when the signalling is in a psu because you get a rubbish gsm signal and you can get at the cables?? If the jobs not been done right you knew the colours from the digi loom and what they do, does that not compromise the whole system?

NO, its not. The panel needs to be programmed as 232 connection, and its just a normal serial lead with a different plug on the panel end.

We are talking about the rs232 that plugs onto the msx card arent we? If so then I thought it came with the instructions with the lead itself. If it is make sure you power down the system before you connect it. If youve got the insite software why not just dial in to the panel then you dont need a lead??

We are talking about the rs232 that plugs onto the msx card arent we? If so then I thought it came with the instructions with the lead itself. If it is make sure you power down the system before you connect it. If youve got the insite software why not just dial in to the panel then you dont need a lead??

My panel does have a msx card but no modem is installed, I am not sure but i think if the msx card is installed then the rs232 on the main board is disabled and I have to use the one on the msx card.

My panel does have a msx card but no modem is installed, I am not sure but i think if the msx card is installed then the rs232 on the main board is disabled and I have to use the one on the msx card.

I just logged on to Castles site thought there might be some clues to the pinouts, but no joy.

I just logged on to Castles site thought there might be some clues to the pinouts, but no joy.

You DO have to use the one on the msx card, as for pinouts you dont need em just chop the cable and rejoin to after extending, have you ordered the right cable by that i mean the cable with 9 pin connector on the end or the one with usb??

You DO have to use the one on the msx card, as for pinouts you dont need em just chop the cable and rejoin to after extending, have you ordered the right cable by that i mean the cable with 9 pin connector on the end or the one with usb??

I ordered RS232 loom with 9 pin serial connector, and its this cable i wanted to make up as the one ordered has still not arrived.

Archived