Security Installer Community

Castle Rs232 Loom

Graham750

Hi All,

Does any have the pinouts for the RS232 loom, it will be used on a Castle Euro 2 with a 9 pin serial port.

I have but not sure if I can post in public forums ... will have to check first

I have the insite user dongle and have ordered a cable but this is now out of stock, happy for u to email this to me if you dont want to post on the public forum, and will repsect your wish that i do not post on any of the forums.

Where did you order it from??

really?

Guys, I will have to wait till the cable arrives, giving the pinouts I cant see how it would be a security comprimise because to use the cable u need direct access to the panel which should already be protected, and the cables are freely available to be purchased.

I concur i dont see a security implication in the pinouts as its inside a tamper protected panel. im just suprised at the availability direct. Did you get the software from them too?

Not sure where the software was purchased from its been onsite since before my time, I expect it was purcahsed direct or through our alarm engineers.

So does anyone have the answer to the question I asked, I thought this was the intention of the forum was to give advice and share knowledge?

Archived