Security Installer Community

Eurosec Help! Urgent!

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help i have a friend with a eurosec cpx and they are located around 2 hours away from me i am looking for details on how to change the default battery levels in details so i can explain to my frien i know it is in engineer mode under diagnostics but not sure(Please Advise)!

Also is there a difference between vo-comm and a speech dialler is this the same thing as it says the cpx has a speech dialler and i have vocomm setup o my own gardtec 595 panel in my house to call my mobile but is vo-comm just what gardtec have named this feature or is it different to a speech dialler!?????

Any suggestions much app!

I have to get this sorted asap with the battery as alarm went off at 4 am this morning and its sitting on engineer code just now just need to phone and explain to them what to do hopefully (TONIGHT!!!)

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help i have a friend with a eurosec cpx and they are located around 2 hours away from me i am looking for details on how to change the default battery levels in details so i can explain to my frien i know it is in engineer mode under diagnostics but not sure(Please Advise)!

Also is there a difference between vo-comm and a speech dialler is this the same thing as it says the cpx has a speech dialler and i have vocomm setup o my own gardtec 595 panel in my house to call my mobile but is vo-comm just what gardtec have named this feature or is it different to a speech dialler!?????

I have to get this sorted asap with the battery as alarm went off at 4 am this morning and its sitting on engineer code just now just need to phone and explain to them what to do hopefully (TONIGHT!!!)

Hi, I have this control panel and yes, it is under the diagnostics menu in engineer mode. I am not an alarm engineer but my unit was logging low aux volts and low battery every hour. I was told on here to set the default values to max and min levels in that menu. I did so easily and it has been fine since. Hope you can explain this. Go to eng mode, keep pressing no until you get to the diagnosics menu and press yes then scroll through setting the mins to lowest available and the max's to highest available. Hope you get a reply from an engineer to be more exact. I am not using the vo-comm but know it rings out and reports faults, alarms etc. Hope this helps for now. cheers, Bill

Hi all,

Vocomm is the same as a speech dialer. Turn it on in engineer mode and it will appear in the user menu to programme it up. Any questions pm me.

Vocomm is the same as a speech dialer. Turn it on in engineer mode and it will appear in the user menu to programme it up. Any questions pm me.

i'd just add the VoCom has fixed messages, you cant record a voice prompt. but it will tell which zone number activated, as long as you know your layout you know if the hall or main bedroom activated.

asthere is no voice facility you will know the phone number and so its your house alarm - no one elses (unless you have number withheld).

basic but very functional and free option, well good enough imo for most needs at this level.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I too have a cpx which is now ready to connect to the phone system.

However, the premises where this panel is, uses a network and therefore no BT sockets to wire into terminals 2 and 5.

Can I use a Network plug/BT socket adaptor lead, and terminate the cable from the panel with a BT plug, and just insert this into the adaptor socket and plug the other end in the Network socket?

I too have a cpx which is now ready to connect to the phone system.

However, the premises where this panel is, uses a network and therefore no BT sockets to wire into terminals 2 and 5.

Can I use a Network plug/BT socket adaptor lead, and terminate the cable from the panel with a BT plug, and just insert this into the adaptor socket and plug the other end in the Network socket?

will look if a bit clumsey but will work, most likely need a master not a slave balun.

the socket your using will need to be configured for an analogue port and patched by the telephone switch installer, if you can have the socket replaced with a bT socket then plug into that. the line is on the blue/white blue.

the other issue you have is it will go via a patch panel so very vulnerable to accidental disconnection, so tbh far better to run in a cable direct to an incoming line if you can - at least make sure the it engineer is aware of its importance.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

assuming its a conventional phone system and not an ip one, ie one that will accept normal phones as extensions.

But if the power fails or the phone system in anyway.... you will have no alarm as it wont be able to get a line. Also anyone could reprogram the pbx and stop the alarm from working. Not recommended

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived