Security Installer Community

Sd1 Speech Dialler

erk108

has anyone had a problem with sd1 speech dialler connected to accenta 8 panel.The alarm is triggered then the mobile number is dialled,the acknowledgement tone is heard with the reciver pressing 8 (all normal so far).The dialler then rings again this time just making a beep noise the receiver does not hear anyting accept this beep noise then presses 8 to acknowledge and the dialler stops dialling.This has happened to all my accenta 8 installations has anyone else had this problem?.All works ok except it is making this second mistry call , the dialler should dial and once acknowledged it should not dial again.driving me crazy now :angry::angry:

more than 1 input connected?

Programmed same number in twice?

Set the ack to 2 not 1?

The panel is irrelevant. Got a pic of how its wired?

James

there is only one input connected from the INT output of accenta to trig A of sd1 dialler.The message is recorded to trig A and no other messages recorded to other triggers .The acknowledgement option on sd1 is set to any one.4 different mobile numbers are stored on sd1.

We used to use sd1 now we use autodiallers and have found that if you ring a mobile you have to press the acknowledgement button twice or it just keeps ringing

sorry are you saying when sd1 is ringing a mobile to press the 8 key twice.i will try this if its the case.

We used to use sd1 now we use autodiallers and have found that if you ring a mobile you have to press the acknowledgement button twice or it just keeps ringing

bang on,

the reason is the mobile network unlike the wired one, issues only a short key press beep no matter how long you hold the key, and tends to be a tad too short for that particular dialer.

to flesh out the explanation by example - telephone systems sometimes have a 'premicel' (think now discontinued), basically this is a mobile phone attached like an extention for dialing mobile numbers cheaper than landlines.

anyway if you dialed out through it the normal user pauses between digits, the mobile network can't complete as it needs the correct time/space limits applied during and between the digits, and so the call fails. if user hits 'redial' the call go's through as now those timings are corrected by the exchange causing irritation and confusion also blame on the premicel as faulty.

so best options - advise hit acknowledge key twice quickly, make the 1st 2 numbers the same so it don't go on to next keyholder if you miss, or use land line numbers, update to later SD2+ model or get a texecom one.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

bang on,

the reason is the mobile network unlike the wired one, issues only a short key press beep no matter how long you hold the key, and tends to be a tad too short for that particular dialer.

to flesh out the explanation by example - telephone systems sometimes have a 'premicel' (think now discontinued), basically this is a mobile phone attached like an extention for dialing mobile numbers cheaper than landlines.

anyway if you dialed out through it the normal user pauses between digits, the mobile network can't complete as it needs the correct time/space limits applied during and between the digits, and so the call fails. if user hits 'redial' the call go's through as now those timings are corrected by the exchange causing irritation and confusion also blame on the premicel as faulty.

so best options - advise hit acknowledge key twice quickly, make the 1st 2 numbers the same so it don't go on to next keyholder if you miss, or use land line numbers, update to later SD2+ model or get a texecom one.

regs

alan

Hi Alan

thanks for the advice i have checked out the texecom dialler spec and seems to have more features then the SD1.I might have a go and try one on my next install.Do you use them and are they more reliable then the sd1 on the mobile network.

Hi Alan

thanks for the advice i have checked out the texecom dialler spec and seems to have more features then the SD1.I might have a go and try one on my next install.Do you use them and are they more reliable then the sd1 on the mobile network.

tbh as i use gardtec panels which have VoCom and UDL built in not so many, but as add on to old kit i would use nothing else.

bit more money is a downer but imo a rolls royce bit of kit, they have help screens in real sensible english text and menu structure, so your client has less need to call you to change numbers of find the manual etc.

regs

alan

tbh as i use gardtec panels which have VoCom and UDL built in not so many, but as add on to old kit i would use nothing else.

bit more money is a downer but imo a rolls royce bit of kit, they have help screens in real sensible english text and menu structure, so your client has less need to call you to change numbers of find the manual etc.

regs

alan

Hi Alan

i have checked the output from the panel (INT) which sits ar +VE 12v and when an alarm is activated the INT output drops to -VE triggering the SD1 to dial (all normal).This output sits at -VE (still triggering SD1) till user inputs code at the alarm panel to stop alarm, once the code is entered the output reverts back to +VE.Do you think this is why the SD1 keeps dialling because the output is still triggering the SD1 to dial till a user code on alarm panel is entered.And it makes no difference where the receipiant acknowledges the call as the panel is still triggering the INT output.

Hi Alan

i have checked the output from the panel (INT) which sits ar +VE 12v and when an alarm is activated the INT output drops to -VE triggering the SD1 to dial (all normal).This output sits at -VE (still triggering SD1) till user inputs code at the alarm panel to stop alarm, once the code is entered the output reverts back to +VE.Do you think this is why the SD1 keeps dialling because the output is still triggering the SD1 to dial till a user code on alarm panel is entered.And it makes no difference where the receipiant acknowledges the call as the panel is still triggering the INT output.

hi erk108,

:hmm: i'm not an Ascenta fan, but 'INT' i would take as INTernal speaker (not a siren) in usual alarm parlance, so not where you would take a dialer signal from. also been a while since using SD1, so can you set the restore/abort option to cancel when the alarm panel resets, others will post more on that.

it should not keep re-triggering if the signal is keeping it low, might be your panel is not biasing the dialer input towads negative enough due to the trigger used, or maybe your siren current draw is interferring and 'flicking' the voltage about.

you could wire to the neg bell drive output, or if you only want one activation per set period use the strobe negative, as this remains until panel is fully reset and not altered on bell timer auto reset.

if the dialer has an issue fit a small say 5uf 35 wkg electrolytic capacitor (maplins) from neg supply to neg output used to suppress possible transients, don't have to be exact but not to big or the voltage won't 'swing' sharp enough.

regs

Alan

Archived