Security Installer Community

Server/host Problems

another outage

Hello There,

Thank you for contacting Red Fox UK Limited.

This problem has now been resolved, it seems the switch uplink cable from one of the new racks of servers was faulty - this has now been replaced. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 3 weeks later...

i have just been optimising some tables so issues just could of been me. BUt yes there are issues generally (mainly with speed) and i have reported them. If i could handle the bandwidth tsi generates id run it on my own servers

Hmmm.

You didn't get the site hosting from someone also offering cheap CCTV, alarms, and kitchen fitting did you?

If you're having ongoing issues with them, check Servage out on www.servage.net. Royally impressive, lower cost, high bandwidth, not noticed any down time in almost a year (been with them nearly four now).

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

lol

we did inherit the host with the site, but after we upped the money the problems seemed to disappear. I am looking at a dedicated server for another project i may see if we could put tsi on a VM on that machine. TSI unfortunatly needs windows due to its non forum side

lol

we did inherit the host with the site, but after we upped the money the problems seemed to disappear. I am looking at a dedicated server for another project i may see if we could put tsi on a VM on that machine. TSI unfortunatly needs windows due to its non forum side

Shame - they are good. I don't think they offer Windoze as an option sadly - I think it is all optimised linux.

Best of luck with it anyhoo.....

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Archived