Security Installer Community

Software Rebuild On Honeywell Fusion 3 (1616r)

Help!! I'v got a customer with a new Fusion 3 which crashed this afternoon. Basically, the Fusion server would not load. After speaking to Honeywell Tech, who advised me to send it to them for repair, I thought - what have I got to lose? And I tried the system rebuild disc supplied with the DVR.

It rebuilt windows fine, but when it comes to loading the DVR software, the particular model number is not listed. The unit is a 1610R250, and the closest options are 1612Rxx (which shows as a 16 channel with 4 audio channels - exactly the same as my unit) or 16120xx (which shows the same spec except 2 audio channels).

I've tried both those options, and they both rebuild the Fusion software OK, and load up, but the pictures are grainy and in B/W. Honeywell tech are investigating at the mo. Anyone got any bright suggestions? Would be much appreciated.

D7

Help!! I'v got a customer with a new Fusion 3 which crashed this afternoon. Basically, the Fusion server would not load. After speaking to Honeywell Tech, who advised me to send it to them for repair, I thought - what have I got to lose? And I tried the system rebuild disc supplied with the DVR.

It rebuilt windows fine, but when it comes to loading the DVR software, the particular model number is not listed. The unit is a 1610R250, and the closest options are 1612Rxx (which shows as a 16 channel with 4 audio channels - exactly the same as my unit) or 16120xx (which shows the same spec except 2 audio channels).

I've tried both those options, and they both rebuild the Fusion software OK, and load up, but the pictures are grainy and in B/W. Honeywell tech are investigating at the mo. Anyone got any bright suggestions? Would be much appreciated.

D7

Don't hold yer breath waiting for a satisfactory response.

Had same problems with them. At least you had something on the rebuild disc.

Won't be fitting owt from that shower again. :no:

I've just heard back from them - so quite pleased. I'm not on site still, so will go back later tonight. They advise that the 1612Rxx IS the right model number to use. Apparently, all I've missed is to put the unit into PAL. Its NTSC by default. In case it helps anyone in the future,

Start> Programs > Fusion > Vformat, and select PAL, then the SET icon and exit.

Will post back when I have time to let U know if it works!

Thanks,

D7

Yeah would be interesting to say why it failed in the first place.

As to it defaulting to NTSC. I've had that on DVR's that are meant to auto-detect the video signal and change to PAL but they get stuck on NTSC and it's take a reboot to fix.. The picture looks grainy grayscale and offset sometimes.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Yeah would be interesting to say why it failed in the first place.

It failed immediately after the security guard tried to install Nero CD writer to copy a cd on it.......

Every time the fusion server loaded after that, it would hang, and the task bar button would show the Fusion icon, but the text would read "Nero", so pretty sure thats what caused it. If the box wasn't sealed, I'd take the DVD RW out - they can write images and AVIs over the network anyway.

d7

It failed immediately after the security guard tried to install Nero CD writer to copy a cd on it.......

Every time the fusion server loaded after that, it would hang, and the task bar button would show the Fusion icon, but the text would read "Nero", so pretty sure thats what caused it. If the box wasn't sealed, I'd take the DVD RW out - they can write images and AVIs over the network anyway.

d7

"Nero" loads a few background tasks as well as it's "quickstart" I've seen systems hang due to it as well.

A very careful restart later got it back to windows where "Nero" was quickly removed. It's okay software but you really need to know what to install and what options to use, normally it's "Nero's CD Write API / Service / driver" that snafu's the system.

Personally only use nero when I have to and it doesn't load anything on start only on use, also I don't think nero was really written to work with server software so that's another issue as well, newer version also seem to work on some system setups yet not other very similar ones.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived