Security Installer Community

Ladders

Hi

I was wondering what size outside extension ladder most people use, I see many installers using 2.5 metre ones, some use 3.0 metre.

Do you feel that 2.5 is ok for most houses? I need to buy some and if I buy 3.0 ones they will have to go on the roof, which means more noise and lower fuel economy.

Does the extra 1/2 metre really make much difference?

cheers dudes

depends on the hieght you want to mount stuff. IMO anything over 6.5m is a waste

Funny this

The light trade one only go up to:- Closed length 2.5m ( 8'0" )

Extended length 5.6m (18'5")

Rungs per section 9

Weight 15kg

Max.load 150kg (23.5 stone)

class 1 trade let you go up further, must be as they are stronger, does this mean the above ones can go higher but must only be used to go up to 5.6

Closed length = 2.5m

Extended length = 6.0m

Weight = 24kg

depends on the hieght you want to mount stuff. IMO anything over 6.5m is a waste

i have the standard 7.4m ones from ASH in manchester, i think the brand is promaster or something. They are the 'norm' tbh.

Funny this

The light trade one only go up to:- Closed length 2.5m ( 8'0" )

Extended length 5.6m (18'5")

Rungs per section 9

Weight 15kg

Max.load 150kg (23.5 stone)

class 1 trade let you go up further, must be as they are stronger, does this mean the above ones can go higher but must only be used to go up to 5.6

Closed length = 2.5m

Extended length = 6.0m

Weight = 24kg

also note they are much heavier

i have the standard 7.4m ones from ASH in manchester, i think the brand is promaster or something. They are the 'norm' tbh.

Closed length = 3.0m

Extended length = 7.5m

Weight = 27kg

yes the above are 3.0 metre triples

i caryy 2.4's youngmans inside my van, which are very comfortable and stable being that bit widerer than the norm.

i

also have a set of 3.5's at home. it's rare but if i need them then i fit the roof rack and stick them on with proper ladder cramps.

like james said depends what you need to reach on average, but 2.4 triples is well high enough to reach most bells and for sensible 'safe' use, especially without someone you trust footing them.

i have a tripod arrangement similar to 'anchor lad', which allows me to use them free standing or against a wall far more safely and well worth the extra pennies and hassle.

got to be said here bought some 'little giant ladders (google it), bit pricey and heavy but these reach many bells too and very versatile on stairs etc.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i caryy 2.4's youngmans inside my van, which are very comfortable and stable being that bit widerer than the norm.

i

also have a set of 3.5's at home. it's rare but if i need them then i fit the roof rack and stick them on with proper ladder cramps.

like james said depends what you need to reach on average, but 2.4 triples is well high enough to reach most bells and for sensible 'safe' use, especially without someone you trust footing them.

i have a tripod arrangement similar to 'anchor lad', which allows me to use them free standing or against a wall far more safely and well worth the extra pennies and hassle.

got to be said here bought some 'little giant ladders (google it), bit pricey and heavy but these reach many bells too and very versatile on stairs etc.

regs

alan

Thanks for the honest reply, I think I will do the same, get both sets, stick one in van, much quieter and cannot be stolen!!! I know one or 2 people who have had theirs nicked after the forgot to padlock them on. These ladder cramps make it so much easier for a theif.

Thanks

Archived