Security Installer Community

Ir Leds Reflection

IA76

Hello

I have a ceiling mounted IR dome. It works fine when the lights are on in the room but when it it dark you can see the reflection of the IR leds when viewing the camera.

What would cause this?

Thanks

Its the LED's

YOu know when you look out of a window at night with the room light on, all you can see is the room back at you? same principle.

Domes are difficult to get sealed from the light, personally i dont use domes with built in IR, (well i dont as a rule use anythiung with built in led's as IMO it has too many issues) but the only way to sort it is to deal the lens from the led's so it cant see any reflection, or buy a better quality cam, preferably with a flat glass that easier to seal.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Its the LED's

YOu know when you look out of a window at night with the room light on, all you can see is the room back at you? same principle.

Domes are difficult to get sealed from the light, personally i dont use domes with built in IR, (well i dont as a rule use anythiung with built in led's as IMO it has too many issues) but the only way to sort it is to deal the lens from the led's so it cant see any reflection, or buy a better quality cam, preferably with a flat glass that easier to seal.

James

as James rightly says,

seal the lights from the lens, a crafty way is to put a rubber (or foam crommet found on the CDR stacks) over the camera lens so it presses on the dome.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks guys.

I can't check now but all the other cams had a foam 'circle' over the lens which presses against the dome. It may be mising from this one cam or may not be fully up against the lens as you say.

Archived