Security Installer Community

Dvr With A Web Browser

Johnny

Just looking for something that you dont need a ip address, so a customer can put a web address into a laptop if he is abroad , log on with a passcode and view his cameras.

Hope this helps.

Johnny.........

Your not asking for the right thing then, your meaning you want to use a domain name to access instead of an IP.

But personally i wouldnt put many dvr's out there on a public port 80, what is it you use?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Your not asking for the right thing then, your meaning you want to use a domain name to access instead of an IP.

But personally i wouldnt put many dvr's out there on a public port 80, what is it you use?

Im so sorry im not computer literate and i'm ' not asking for the right thing then' but I was at a local wholesaler today and they had one but I thought it was a bit expensive so all Im asking does anyone use one and point us in the right direction to get hold of one.

I believe what you are asking for is web accessible DVR. Most DVRs have that feature. However, you will have to know how to provide access through the internet, through the firewall using port forwarding, and how to secure the device so only the appropriate user can see the cameras. I would be careful here, make sure you test that access by others is not possible.

If this is all greek, you need someone with networking experience to set that up.

Thanks for your reply:

A guy who works in a local wholesaler has took one home to get know how the one there selling works so when he has it up and running he will go through everything with me. All I know is that you can put a web address into your browser and you will be asked for a password which will allow you to view your cameras.

Archived