Security Installer Community

Risco Prosys

avcctv

We've installed a few due to their large wireless capacity. Did the first 3 without training. A few varied problems - that tech couldn't resolve for quite some time. The panel was quite new for them. We then had the training..... which is really product familiarisation, which will not help anyone with the issues we had (or an installation).

We use the macro keys for acknowledging the fault.... otherwise it is a real PITA.

We had problems with the signalling being received properly at the ARC on digi's. No such problem with Redcares.

Plenty of room in the panel (I think one of our clients found one of his Chinese workers sleeping in one - before it was powered up of course).

It is not so fantastic for a residential...have to press * key to make a silent set once it has started to set (no silent set option). And some other quirky programming nonsense that doesn't come to mind (.....can't have an e/e circuit on more than one partition..... and have it set without the main partition being on...).

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

not sure if this can be overcome as need to look at the manual, but when not set display shows time and date along with the system name label', when set shows partition name no time and date so you could deduce the system is at least part armed

regs

alan

Option 1 - 2 - 26 Blank Display ;)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Option 1 - 2 - 26 Blank Display ;)

thanks jp,

will that make it blank until a code of high enough authorisation is inserted during the day? i also wondered what effect has it on a chimed zones being indicated by location when not set.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks jp,

will that make it blank until a code of high enough authorisation is inserted during the day? i also wondered what effect has it on a chimed zones being indicated by location when not set.

regs

alan

Yep blanks keypad (after 2 min of last key press) then you need a code to get the display back to normal :rolleyes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Yep blanks keypad (after 2 min of last key press) then you need a code to get the display back to normal :rolleyes:

You should have seen the messages a sent to it from the udl when i was at head office, think i left it with 'Texecom' on the screen ready for display at secom the next day ;)

I was hoping for a few easy quirks, but will print this out an dtake it to site with me. And if I ring tech support, please don't let it be the condescending one(you must have spoken to him). :rolleyes:

The older I get, the faster I was.

You should have seen the messages a sent to it from the udl when i was at head office, think i left it with 'Texecom' on the screen ready for display at secom the next day ;)

on one of the 1st G816's i fitted with LCD keypad, when he put in his code it said "welcome a$$hole", so phones me up a bit miffed at my humour, clients son had changed his dads name having been docked his pocket money - runs a chain of restaurants now

don't you just love kids

regs

alan,

Guest anguscanplay
on one of the 1st G816's i fitted with LCD keypad, when he put in his code it said "welcome a$$hole", so phones me up a bit miffed at my humour, clients son had changed his dads name having been docked his pocket money - runs a chain of restaurants now

don't you just love kids

regs

alan,

HMMM? so what else might he have changed - you and your codes Arf.

I was hoping for a few easy quirks, but will print this out an dtake it to site with me. And if I ring tech support, please don't let it be the condescending one(you must have spoken to him). :rolleyes:

oh yes many times, had a go at getting it sorted out and found out 90% of it is just his tone of voice.

HMMM? so what else might he have changed - you and your codes Arf.

how can he??? name done from a master user code, kid was in on the handover acting as a translator, so translated how to change codes using the master code (for really nice Asian Family) he was only about 7/8 years old at the time. dod not get my codes as i was all done by the time he got in from school.

just to show his enterprise, with the earlier scanny system i'd installed years earlier, he used it to hurry his mum out of the house in the morning to get to school on time - by starting the exit timer, which caused her to panic and get out quick, sharp as a whipp that lad you just had to love him for his ingenuity and guile.

regs

alan

Archived