Security Installer Community

Anual Servicing Domestic Systems

I alwas give the customer the opportunity every 12mnths by letter to have their system serviced. The cost is stated in the letter also.

my question is do most domestic homeowners think that the system does not need servicing, as i have noticed if they dont have to have their system serviced they would rather not spend the money and leave the system to become faulty. maybe its just me :hmm:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay
I alwas give the customer the opportunity every 12mnths by letter to have their system serviced. The cost is stated in the letter also.

my question is do most domestic homeowners think that the system does not need servicing, as i have noticed if they dont have to have their system serviced they would rather not spend the money and leave the system to become faulty. maybe its just me :hmm:

is that just servicing or full 24hr support/ callout as well ?

is that just servicing or full 24hr support/ callout as well ?

i do provide call out aswell, but i mean this as just the 12 monthly serviicng. it just seems that customers dont care about their systems well some dont anyway.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay

i wouldnt either then, I rarely have my car serviced but ALWAYS renew the breakdown cover

our emphasis is always on callouts over the yearly "yep that worked ...."visit, how much more do you charge for 24 cover too then?

i wouldnt either then, I rarely have my car serviced but ALWAYS renew the breakdown cover

our emphasis is always on callouts over the yearly "yep that worked ...."visit, how much more do you charge for 24 cover too then?

It depends on the size of the system, and also what type of customer wether its commercial industrial or domestic. but i generally say up to the first hour which starts when i arrive on site is

Guest anguscanplay
It depends on the size of the system, and also what type of customer wether its commercial industrial or domestic. but i generally say up to the first hour which starts when i arrive on site is

LOL - I meant percentage wise ie

a service might be

We used to do the servicing including 24hr callout, customers took the biscuit by ringing at all hours asking stupid questions like "I worte a cheque yesterday for the service you did and haven't had my receipt yet" was one lady 2130hrs on a Saturday.... others were 2am"Tony, my light bulbs blown and it's taken out the fuse in the fuse box.... will that be anything to do with or affect the alarm, how do I fix my lights?" and it just kept going. Now the alarms get serviced, and the customer pays for the service and that's the lot. If they call at 2am and their alarm has been serviced and it goes off then I will go out there on a callout but they pay for it. If they haven't had it serviced and it goes off at 2am then I might go out depending on what I'm doing, and if I'm in the mood, otherwise I'll go when I'm not busy, my argument is if it was serviced then the chances are it might not have gone off, also if they don't want to pay to have it serviced and support my business and look after the system then one day my business may not have been around due to them, they can't have it both ways.

New system get 12months and 24hr callout with saying. I offer a good service to all of my customers who are good and straight with me, those who bounce cheques, don't pay or take the biscuit paying I tend to give the same service and headaces that they've given me by the, I'll come when I can rather than I'll be there in 10mins. I like to think I'm fair to those who are fair with me, I don't charge everyone, just been and put a new door contact on today at my units landloards flat, took all of 5mins with a cig and didn't charge him a penny (The place was right across from my house) so fair is fair, I never know when I might need his help one day.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

We used to do the servicing including 24hr callout, customers took the biscuit by ringing at all hours asking stupid questions like "I worte a cheque yesterday for the service you did and haven't had my receipt yet" was one lady 2130hrs on a Saturday.... others were 2am"Tony, my light bulbs blown and it's taken out the fuse in the fuse box.... will that be anything to do with or affect the alarm, how do I fix my lights?" and it just kept going. Now the alarms get serviced, and the customer pays for the service and that's the lot. If they call at 2am and their alarm has been serviced and it goes off then I will go out there on a callout but they pay for it. If they haven't had it serviced and it goes off at 2am then I might go out depending on what I'm doing, and if I'm in the mood, otherwise I'll go when I'm not busy, my argument is if it was serviced then the chances are it might not have gone off, also if they don't want to pay to have it serviced and support my business and look after the system then one day my business may not have been around due to them, they can't have it both ways.

New system get 12months and 24hr callout with saying. I offer a good service to all of my customers who are good and straight with me, those who bounce cheques, don't pay or take the biscuit paying I tend to give the same service and headaces that they've given me by the, I'll come when I can rather than I'll be there in 10mins. I like to think I'm fair to those who are fair with me, I don't charge everyone, just been and put a new door contact on today at my units landloards flat, took all of 5mins with a cig and didn't charge him a penny (The place was right across from my house) so fair is fair, I never know when I might need his help one day.

I am with you on this one.

Archived