Security Installer Community

Pet Immunity - How They Work

Guest Gimmick

I personally would not recommend any type of 'pet immune' detector, I think that it is an unknown quantity and a compromise on overall security. (and yes I have used various types)

Keep the little animals to one room and protect it accordingly. ;)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest simmo

I agree with Pete I use Bosch DS820i's for all my pet sensor jobs, and touch wood never had a call back. They do require careful positioning though, sometimes at the expense of the overall security of the place they are protecting.

Personally all cats should be banished to the garden much easier that way!

Simmo B)

Guest Adrian

B) Well I agree pet sensors are ****! when with my previous employer we had a customer who video ed himself crawl from opening the kitchen door slowly (external) past the kitchen sensor, down the hall and into the lounge. Picked up the portable tv and back out again. He went past 3 K***s all posistioned as per the instructions with the alarm set and nothing went off.

I had to sit down for 5 minutes whatching this video then he did a live demo just for me. the sad thing is I would never recomend that pet sensors be installed thoughout. But my then boss did.

I would have said keep the cats in the kitchen when the alarm is in use and put a viper on the window frame, a door contact on the external door and if the customer was paranoid a break glass to back it all up with (don't trust these either)

Adrian B)

Guest Samholland

I',ve used K980's aswell, The lens is thicker to allow the unit to work (in Theroy)

Try going back to the sensor in a few weeks and walk test it see if your still Happy. !!!!!

Guest careful

Hi everyone

The pet proof detectors are indeed not up to much, the company I work for uses them. Either they wont pick up the customer or they pick up the pets. they do walk test ok though if you wave your arms around enough. I wouldnt have them in our house.

Ken

I coudn't agree more Ken, the company i'm with use them and there more trouble than they are worth, properly sited and set up or not. The only real solution in most cases is to restrict the pet to one area and minimise the security risk, or go to the extra expence and use shock sensors and contacts.

Clive.

Archived