Security Installer Community

Sd2 Speech Dialler

Craig1

Hi I'm Craig,

I am a DIY installer and have managed to connect everything up, but I am having trouble connecting the speech dialler. I have run 6 core cable from the control panel to the communicator but I am unsure where I connect the trigger inputs on the control. The manual does not really help me as a novice

Any advice?

Hi Craig, All diallers work by receiving an input from the alarm panel-this input could be in numerous forms, and from various sources-bell negative, strobe negative to name a few-we would need more info on the panel to give a more conclusive answer to your question.

Regards.

Richard.

to activate the sd it does need ov trigger and there is a phew on 9651

bell, strobe,, but some cases can back feed so you cant stop bell ringing or strobe flashing,

thank god for diods

there is output 3 on the board that you do need to programe as it goes 0v when the system is unsett or goes open

there are also the outputs on the side of the board , you should have a plug on lead ,

if you look in youre book it will tell you wich one you want to use

but i would first try the easyer and firs use the bell trig on output 1

to activate the sd it does need ov trigger and there is a phew on 9651

bell, strobe,, but some cases can back feed so you cant stop bell ringing or strobe flashing,

thank god for diods

there is output 3 on the board that you do need to programe as it goes 0v when the system is unsett or goes open

there are also the outputs on the side of the board , you should have a plug on lead ,

if you look in youre book it will tell you wich one you want to use

but i would first try the easyer and firs use the bell trig on output 1

Using the bell trig or strobe trig on an sd2 can sometimes be a problem because the terminal output is not a hard zero but can float and the sd2 does not see the negative as a change to neg when it see's the signal,if you use the flying digi lead which comes with the panel and check in the manual which colour is which out put ie intruder/ pa and wire the correct lead direct to sd2 trigger 3 when the negative applied is given it should trigger with no problems however if it does not strap a 1Kohm resister from sd2 +ve terminal to the no'3 trig terminal and that should cure the problem.

The strap puts a +ve on to the trig terminal so that when the -ve is applied it see's the hard neg but the resister stops the short to positive.

Paul.

Hi.

Thanks everyone for your messages. I have read them and I now feel much closer to understanding how to connect up my speach dialler. I so have the flying digi lead and plan to use this. I have read the manual and it says that I should use Pin1 Pin2 Pin3 Pin9 and Pin10. This seems fine except both Pin9 and Pin10 are described as +12v.

Once I have connected these up to my six core cable running to my control panel I am still confused. In the SD2 I have trigger inputs of A B C D. Do I simply connect the A=Fire, B=PA and C=Intruder on the SD2 box and then +12v to the wire from Pin9 and 0v to the wire from Pin 10 ?????

I realise that the insructions I have received would be easy for a pro but I am sorry to say I am a true novice.

Hi.

Thanks everyone for your messages. I have read them and I now feel much closer to understanding how to connect up my speach dialler. I so have the flying digi lead and plan to use this. I have read the manual and it says that I should use Pin1 Pin2 Pin3 Pin9 and Pin10. This seems fine except both Pin9 and Pin10 are described as +12v.

Once I have connected these up to my six core cable running to my control panel I am still confused. In the SD2 I have trigger inputs of A B C D. Do I simply connect the A=Fire, B=PA and C=Intruder on the SD2 box and then +12v to the wire from Pin9 and 0v to the wire from Pin 10 ?????

I realise that the insructions I have received would be easy for a pro but I am sorry to say I am a true novice.

you can conect to what you want you just have to put a matching message with youre chanel ie

a burglar

b fire

c pa

d

etc

Archived