Security Installer Community

My Tv Stopped Working Any Ideas

DAVE IN KENT

i know this is not exactly security related but wondered if any one had any ideas.

got a two year old 32" lcd tv (nothing fancy) . it decided two days ago to go really dark this sorted itself out but now all the sound has gone.

like i said not sure if anyone will have any idea's but the wife is not to impresed that we may need a new one.

thanks

Dave :(

NSI GOLD

BASED IN KENT

INTRUDER,ACCESS CONTROL,CCTV,FIRE

i know this is not exactly security related but wondered if any one had any ideas.

got a two year old 32" lcd tv (nothing fancy) . it decided two days ago to go really dark this sorted itself out but now all the sound has gone.

like i said not sure if anyone will have any idea's but the wife is not to impresed that we may need a new one.

thanks

Dave :(

If you have a capacitance meter you could check all the capacitors in the PSU, that's always a good place to start.

Also check solder joints on any connector ribbons.

If you can't do either buy a new one! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Today less than an hour ago i returned a lCD screen to a customer which was thought to be US. when it came into office we checked PSU which seemed fine until we put it under load. New PSU ordered from CPC and customer now has picture up and working.

Jef

Customers!

Had a similar problem and found that the scart plug had worked loose (bottom fitting).

sorry Jeff, bet i'm not the only one who laughed though (had this cartoon vision of a scart lead inappropriately placed - thats why it went dark).

solder joints very likely suspect especially around the scart are, if this was a terestrial signal check you leads, the screen going dark might be the lamps so check the ribbon cables are snug.

but @ 2 years old just say "the battery has gone dear" as imo @ 32" high time for a 60" me thinks :lol:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

mate of mine had same trouble bought himself a home cinema kit and used that for his sound

I'm Shinfieldmonkey's mate, and I can confirm that this was a quick, cheap and easy solution! Connected the cinema kit (

Archived