Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751- Does The Siren Sound Different For Fire?

Hi all,

The installation manual for the 9751 says that a "warbling" sound comes out of the 9930 RKP and from an internal sounder when a fire detector goes off. Can anyone confirm this? I haven't got an internal sounder yet, but if the RKP has a soudner for alarm and fire alarm, why do I need one? How loud is the sounder in the RKP?

Thanks

How loud is the sounder in the RKP?

Not very, get an Internal sounder, has to wake you up remember

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi, Most control panels that can have a zone programmed as fire will produce a different sound when alerting the user to a fire alert.

The common alert for an intruder activation is very high pitched and continuous-it's meant to be as uncomfortable as possible for the person invading your premises.

The fire alert is normally much lower pitched and usually an intermittent sound-it's designed to make the inhabitants aware that there is a fire situation-and not force blood from their ears if they don't vacate the area !!!.

My apologies-I didn't read the post fully-yep my answer will follow the last two!. B)

Regards Richard.

Hi, Most control panels that can have a zone programmed as fire will produce a different sound when alerting the user to a fire alert.

The common alert for an intruder activation is very high pitched and continuous-it's meant to be as uncomfortable as possible for the person invading your premises.

The fire alert is normally much lower pitched and usually an intermittent sound-it's designed to make the inhabitants aware that there is a fire situation-and not force blood from their ears if they don't vacate the area !!!.

My apologies-I didn't read the post fully-yep my answer will follow the last two!. B)

Regards Richard.

Brilliant, guys - thanks

I've ordered an Elmdene 600s, should do the trick.

A 16ohm speaker should be ample

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Archived