Security Installer Community

Logic , Signal Relays

Hi.

I am trying to get hold of some 12 vdc pcb relays that energise on a voltage free short circuit input.

We used to use them alot, but that was over ten years ago and I am not sure of any part nos.

I think the input terminals were labled AABB and then they just had terminals for 12v input and two sets of contacts.

The situation I have is that I need to open a roller shutter thats about 400m from a DVR output via a cat 5. I've got the transistorised relay switching away at the control end but don't really want to send a negative from the shutter end to the control and back again.

So I am really after something that will have no problem switching on say a 100 ohm voltage free input or 1K ohm, I will put resistors at the control end.

If not I will just keep diggin in the garage. Must have one left somewhere.

No Rush Guy's.

Hi.

I am trying to get hold of some 12 vdc pcb relays that energise on a voltage free short circuit input.

We used to use them alot, but that was over ten years ago and I am not sure of any part nos.

I think the input terminals were labled AABB and then they just had terminals for 12v input and two sets of contacts.

The situation I have is that I need to open a roller shutter thats about 400m from a DVR output via a cat 5. I've got the transistorised relay switching away at the control end but don't really want to send a negative from the shutter end to the control and back again.

So I am really after something that will have no problem switching on say a 100 ohm voltage free input or 1K ohm, I will put resistors at the control end.

No Rush Guy's.

Ifyou PM your address I'll send you one

Hi.

No Rush Guy's.

you can by basic pcb 'BT' type relays which are DPDT from RS and Maplins with various coil voltages, obviously fit a snubber diode to protect the DVR etc.

from Gardiners and others you can buy universal 'handy', transistorised and timer relay pcb's 'ready to go', cost more than singe relays but saves time while aiding a neat finish. i always have 4 or 5 of each in stock because they are 'life savers' in an emergency.

i've used them to make an emergency roller shutter controller, complete with safety interlocks for an NCP carpark where the only way in/out was this shutter, the controller had been accidentally 'fried' by a weldong torche :rolleyes:

i was called in by a panicking electrical firm to see if i could repair it "because your good at that sort of stuff arn't you" they said so how could i refuse? but when i got there it was obviously damaged way beyond any redemption - funny really as acetline torches tend have that sort of effect. this was a Thursday night of easter bank holiday, earned me a pretty penny and loads of browny points i can tell you :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived