Security Installer Community

Road Cameras

tismemike

I hear what you're saying chaps but, working in some of the environments I do, I'm afraid I was brought up to believe that you hear & see nothing and never say a word about anything. This forum, whilst being useful to the public, is more useful IMO to engineers who wish to know how something works and share knowledge/experience. The information on the external links is largely incorrect, leading me to feel it is based on mostly supposition & speculation. This means the author is either insufficiently skilled to obtain the facts, or those facts are unavailable.

What I will clarify in the Public Forum is, the green cameras are just ANPR devices. They are not speed cameras and are not used to detect Road Fund evaders. The Home Office Directive states they are to be used in the detection & prevention of major crime & counter terrorism only

Some Local Authorities use them for JTMS (Journey Time Management Systems) but, again they are not revenue generating.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

I hear what you're saying chaps but, working in some of the environments I do, I'm afraid I was brought up to believe that you hear & see nothing and never say a word about anything. This forum, whilst being useful to the public, is more useful IMO to engineers who wish to know how something works and share knowledge/experience. The information on the external links is largely incorrect, leading me to feel it is based on mostly supposition & speculation. This means the author is either insufficiently skilled to obtain the facts, or those facts are unavailable.

What I will clarify in the Public Forum is, the green cameras are just ANPR devices. They are not speed cameras and are not used to detect Road Fund evaders. The Home Office Directive states they are to be used in the detection & prevention of major crime & counter terrorism only

Some Local Authorities use them for JTMS (Journey Time Management Systems) but, again they are not revenue generating.

I read what you are saying but I'm afraid I still don't understand.

Everyone on in this Forum is exactly the same whether 'in public' or 'in trade' when discussing these cameras, in general though we are alarm engineers, nothing to do with road side cameras, of what ever sort, what difference does a move make?

I still see no reason to move to 'Trade'

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I read what you are saying but I'm afraid I still don't understand.

Everyone on in this Forum is exactly the same whether 'in public' or 'in trade' when discussing these cameras, in general though we are alarm engineers, nothing to do with road side cameras, of what ever sort, what difference does a move make?

I still see no reason to move to 'Trade'

:no: neither do i tbh, leave it alone where it is there no sensitive information been discussed as far as i can c

cheers

:lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay

reminds me of those cases you read about it the paper where some sweet but guilable young lady gets conned out of everything she ownes by the local "used car salesman" (usually called Mike too ) who pretended to be a spy LOL

NIKKO - time to put up or shut up

Archived