Security Installer Community

Cable Requirement

daubs8

25mm??! So I could do with a definitive. Is there another way of achieving this. I have asked in the design stage a few weeks ago but the towers are now up and I need to power these dome via 24v AC. Any help appreciated thanks.

25mm??! So I could do with a definitive. Is there another way of achieving this. I have asked in the design stage a few weeks ago but the towers are now up and I need to power these dome via 24v AC. Any help appreciated thanks.

Are there any lighting columns you could spur from? or convert to photocell operation if the supply is switched to them

Are there any lighting columns you could spur from? or convert to photocell operation if the supply is switched to them

No m8, It's a compound with little light but what is there is not on my side of the compound. My source is the nearest.

You could make the circuit a ring final, with a smaller cable size, but over your distances its still going to be expensive, or use a 3 Phase supply, using alternating phases for the columns will also reduce cable CSA marginally

I am assuming the power supply is 24vAC with 1amp on the secondary?

Well thats only 0.1amp on the primary (240v, little different from 230v).

I therefore make 1.5mm as near as dammit dropping the (16th edition) 4% 9.2v.

If you are running a cable that sort of distance, you should be looking to install for the future too though!

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

No m8, It's a compound with little light but what is there is not on my side of the compound. My source is the nearest.

How are you going to illuminate the feild of veiw or is their sufficent lighting from a nearby source?

Hi. I'm being really thick so can somebody help please?

I am running 240v single phase armoured cable 400m then using a 1 amp 24v psu, I am then continuing for a further 100m then another 24v 1 amp psu, then 2 more 100m runs each with a 1 amp 24v psu. So in total the run is 700m with 4 amps. Can anybody tell me what size cable to use? I was thinking 2.5mm but hoping for 1.5mm. I appreciate I may be way out but i've got

I am assuming the power supply is 24vAC with 1amp on the secondary?

Well thats only 0.1amp on the primary (240v, little different from 230v).

I therefore make 1.5mm as near as dammit dropping the (16th edition) 4% 9.2v.

If you are running a cable that sort of distance, you should be looking to install for the future too though!

Ahh right. I am not too bothered about the future as the site is semi-temporary. However, to be on the safe side I will use 2.5mm armoured. I may need to add a couple of active transmitters which will take a little more out. Thanks.

@Spider. Yes i'm happy that I have enough ambient light on site, plus i'm using JVC domes which have been fine in low light situations for me in the past.

Archived