Freelance

M:07889038650

Hello, what's your opinion of

Portugal addressable fire alarm

systems "Global fire equipment"?

(products - "juno NET" control panels).

It's cheap, but is it good-quality?

Thank you.

Worked on them a few years ago. An 8 loop version with 800 + devices on system. Loop 2 went down in the panel within 2 hours of plugging the thing in. Tech support is interestiing to say the least with endless phone calls to Portugal who give weird advice. I had a isolation stuck on the panel and unable to re enable, tech support told me to do a few things, It did clear the disablement along with the panel!! also found the the aux on expansion panels don't work.

They are not the cheapest either, was told that a Morley was

IAS built these if you like under licence , been using panel in various guises for donkey years , don't have any real issues with them . I understand that their is an Hochiki version out now , will give it a try and let you know.

IAS built these if you like under licence , been using panel in various guises for donkey years , don't have any real issues with them . I understand that their is an Hochiki version out now , will give it a try and let you know.

IAS built them under license?

Interesting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Should have rephrased that , I don't think that IAS owned the rights over the loop card and maybe some other bits and pieces , so the rest of the set up would be back at IAS which would be most of the control panel as it was . Obviously IAS was building stuff for years , Mercury , Pegasus's etc.

To be fair I think they were well ahead of their time if you look back.

It was a shame they were swallowed up /bought out , whichever it was.

Should have rephrased that , I don't think that IAS owned the rights over the loop card and maybe some other bits and pieces , so the rest of the set up would be back at IAS which would be most of the control panel as it was . Obviously IAS was building stuff for years , Mercury , Pegasus's etc.

To be fair I think they were well ahead of their time if you look back.

It was a shame they were swallowed up /bought out , whichever it was.

IAS were swallowed up by Morley to become Morley-IAS.

I used to really like the IAS addressable, still have the remote somewhere I think!

Someone else carried on making the IAS panel I remember so maybe it was the Juno-Net lot?

Happy days!

:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Slightly hazy but when IAS got swallowed by Morley one of the former bigwigs decided to carry on making the panels. There was some controversy over who owned the rights to what and i think they had to redesign the power supply and a few other bits. The software is virtually the same as the old IAS bu twith a few quirks thrown in.

Can't remember now but there is something strange with loop sounders... need to take up certain addresses, throws up weird faults when one goes wrong ?

They do make a lot of "add ons" and strange little interfaces.

Went to the offices in Medway a few years ago, remember we had a problem getting the software to work regarding up and down loads.

Think we gave up in the end.....

Slightly hazy but when IAS got swallowed by Morley one of the former bigwigs decided to carry on making the panels. There was some controversy over who owned the rights to what and i think they had to redesign the power supply and a few other bits. The software is virtually the same as the old IAS bu twith a few quirks thrown in.

Can't remember now but there is something strange with loop sounders... need to take up certain addresses, throws up weird faults when one goes wrong ?

They do make a lot of "add ons" and strange little interfaces.

Went to the offices in Medway a few years ago, remember we had a problem getting the software to work regarding up and down loads.

Think we gave up in the end.....

You are spot on with the sounders , they use address 126 to synchronize their sounders , addressing the starts at 094. I think they are changing their download lead to usb which saves all the bother if you don't have a serial port on your PC and you have to use a 232 to usb converter, 'every little helps '

Archived