Security Installer Community

Juno-net (global Fire Equipment)

Slightly hazy but when IAS got swallowed by Morley one of the former bigwigs decided to carry on making the panels. There was some controversy over who owned the rights to what and i think they had to redesign the power supply and a few other bits. The software is virtually the same as the old IAS bu twith a few quirks thrown in.

Can't remember now but there is something strange with loop sounders... need to take up certain addresses, throws up weird faults when one goes wrong ?

They do make a lot of "add ons" and strange little interfaces.

Went to the offices in Medway a few years ago, remember we had a problem getting the software to work regarding up and down loads.

Think we gave up in the end.....

Upload download, don't remind me!

RS232 failures, repeat panel failures due to 485 failure and the weird sounder addressing. I used to like the modules that turn a standard 24v bell into a loop bell, great for schools at the time!

Could have been a market leader save for the 232/485 problems....

Software was called "Loader" wasn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 7 months later...
does any one have a manual for a mercury or pegusus

we have been asked to add aditional devices to one

thanks

Somewhere in my loft/shed/van there is a Trident manual, is it the same software as the one you have?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

QUOTE (mr silcox @ Dec 10 2008, 08:42 PM)

does any one have a manual for a mercury or pegusus

we have been asked to add aditional devices to one

thanks

I am at a site later today with a Mercury , will post you the answer , if memory serves me right the pegasus wont work beyond a series 90 , the xp might sit there o.k but may shut down the processor if the device alarmed , be careful.

Mark 2 Mercury , you will need a cherry keyboard once supplied by R.S Components , square connector front of panel , if its that panel and you cant get this QWERTY anymore you are mullered , same for pegasus I believe.

Mark 3 Mercury , you can use the infer red remote , avaliable from Global in Rochester , function 2 is installation/auto learn option , simply toggle up or down to alter state , enter to action function 10 is text input , the panel is not a million miles away from a Trident which was a later version , speak to Global They are very helpful , ask for Martin.

Mark 2 Mercury , you will need a cherry keyboard once supplied by R.S Components , square connector front of panel , if its that panel and you cant get this QWERTY anymore you are mullered , same for pegasus I believe.

Mark 3 Mercury , you can use the infer red remote , avaliable from Global in Rochester , function 2 is installation/auto learn option , simply toggle up or down to alter state , enter to action function 10 is text input , the panel is not a million miles away from a Trident which was a later version , speak to Global They are very helpful , ask for Martin.

might be wrth upgrading the panel as its so old, parts are not available so if it fails it would have to be changed.

the manual maybe still available from martin (global) we use there panels and as stated they are very helful they even run free panel courses with miguel the designer of there panels

IAS was brought out by Notifier(honeywell) who at the time brought Morley and merged the 2 companies.

The PCBs were made in Portugal and some how this wasnt picked up in the deal so they continued to make panels. A couple of people who used to work for IAS hen went off and formed Global and basically made Trident, MLs and supported the IAS old panel brands as basically Honeywell brought the name and dumped the equipment.

I have hard copies of all the manuals and tech lit for the IAS equipment some where as used to work for them.

Its a querty kep board for Tridnet and ML and also the dodge hand held remote. Nasty.

Archived