Security Installer Community

External Cams Too Bright

IA76

Hi

Peter from Xvision here, if the camera image is too bright you can turn the pot marked Iris Level on the camera PCB anti clockwise, this will adjust the Iris on the auto iris lens and make the picture darker (this will also make the picture darker at night time so you may need to experiment to find the best level).

The camera is normally factory preset at a level that would not cause bright images, so it may also be worth checking the termination on the equipment you have the cameras connected to.

If the problems persist then please PM me and myself or a coleague will contact you asap.

Best regards

Peter

having downloaded the pdf i thought i was going to see the image's :rolleyes:

if the images are 'bleached' then you possibly need to set the termination properly to 75 ohms noy Hi Z at the dvr end, usually done from a menu option or a jumper on the back of the cheaper DVR's

try an original working camera on your 'new' inputs, that should show up the problem as to if it's with termination because they will also be bleached or the new cameras need setting up properly.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

What do you have the camera connected to?

lee

The cams are connected to a DVR365

Hi

Peter from Xvision here, if the camera image is too bright you can turn the pot marked Iris Level on the camera PCB anti clockwise, this will adjust the Iris on the auto iris lens and make the picture darker (this will also make the picture darker at night time so you may need to experiment to find the best level).

The camera is normally factory preset at a level that would not cause bright images, so it may also be worth checking the termination on the equipment you have the cameras connected to.

If the problems persist then please PM me and myself or a coleague will contact you asap.

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter. Thanks for the info. I will give that a try.

Hi

Best regards

Peter

The dvr alreay has 6 cams connected to it (2 of which are this exact model but mounted internally). I will also try swapping the cables around so see if the brightness problem moves to another camera. Thanks.

The dvr alreay has 6 cams connected to it (2 of which are this exact model but mounted internally). I will also try swapping the cables around so see if the brightness problem moves to another camera. Thanks.

Forgot to mention, please check the dipswitches, we have revised the instruction manual for the cameras to better explain their function/settings, I have cut and pasted the relevant bits below:

5.1 Flickerless Function - To turn on the flickerless function set the switch to F.L. Turning On this

function will show you an alternative colour balance under some lighting conditions. The

recommended default setting is OFF.

5.2 AGC Boost Function - The standard Automatic Gain Control setting for the camera is 16dB,

turning the switch to the AGC position will increase this to 26dB. The AGC Boost function

increased the picture brightness in low light conditions, it does this by increasing the picture

signal, in some circumstances it may cause extra noise on the picture, if this is the case set this to

the OFF position. The recommended default setting is AGC.

5.3 AES Function - The CCD sensor has an Automatic Electronic Shutter function, the switch

should be set to the AES position when it is used with a Manual Iris lens. The lens fitted on this

camera is an Auto Iris lens, so the AES function is not used. The recommended default setting is

OFF.

5.4 BLC Function- The Back Light Correction function can be switched on by putting this switch

in the BLC position. BLC is recommended for use if the camera is viewing an area where there is

a lot of backlight. The recommended default setting is OFF.

... if the camera image is too bright you can turn the pot marked Iris Level on the camera PCB anti clockwise, this will adjust the Iris on the auto iris lens and make the picture darker (this will also make the picture darker at night time so you may need to experiment to find the best level).

Seems very good advice to me :yes:

Archived