Security Installer Community

Omega 5 Alarm Replace Or Fix

Hi All,

First post so be gentle :P

Just moved into my new property which has a Omega 5 Alarm installed in 1992 so it's very dated.

It keeps flashing Zone 3 and I don't have any codes but do have the key. So do I:-

1) Spend some money on getting an engineer to reset it ? And use for a year or so ?

2) Spend the money on replacing the Control pannel and dectectors ? Assumming the wiring is ok ?

3) Spend the money on installling a wireless alarm ?

cheers

Combination of 1 and 2, spend money getting an engineer to upgrade system and look at z3 fault.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I ain't got a clue how to go about doing a Key reset.

and don't have any codes.

This might be of help to you.

A long time since I've worked on an Omega 5 with a key switch, but one thing I seem to remember is that when the key is turned to Part or Full Set, you have to wait a moment or two for it to 'do its thing', it's not instant.

Omega_5_Index_Operations_Section_.pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh forgot to mention flashing 3 in day mode is a tamper fault on circuit 3, a solid 3 if you unset after an alarm denotes which zone activate, if i were you id link out the zone inside the panel then turn the key to FULL then OFF and see if it clears, the panels themselves are ok unless youve got remote keypads then they are nightmares lol

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry still haven't resolved this.

I've taken the battery out for a week so I think the code has reset to 0123

so I enter the code and it clears the display.

When I turn the key once D flashes when I turn it again 3 flashes.

I believe this is a fault on zone3 any ideas on how I omit this zone.

Can someone provide me with an idiot proof way of operating the basics of this alarm. Thanks

......... 3 flashes.

The FLASHING and a number showing means that there is a TAMPER fault on that circuit/zone.

A tamper fault has to be corrected, it's not possible to isolate a tamper fault when setting the alarm.

Do you know what '3' is ?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived