Security Installer Community

Up The Coax Question

nintenbo

I have found that the PTZ im trying to get working is only up the coax, ive tryed looking at other ways of controling it though my dvr but companys like BBV have only offered very expensive ways of doing it (credit to them tho tech support were very honest about it) i need to convert the up the coax signal to my rs 232/485 adaptor,

i know i could use a maxcom keyboard but that would be a stand alone device

Is there any way of doing this or am i pissing in the wind?

all help geatfully recieved

ron

I have found that the PTZ im trying to get working is only up the coax, ive tryed looking at other ways of controling it though my dvr but companys like BBV have only offered very expensive ways of doing it (credit to them tho tech support were very honest about it) i need to convert the up the coax signal to my rs 232/485 adaptor,

i know i could use a maxcom keyboard but that would be a stand alone device

Is there any way of doing this or am i pissing in the wind?

all help geatfully recieved

ron

what ptz is it (make) vcl dome etc, or a molynx ptz motor?

cheers

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

hi

yes a VCL its a VC8E part of the orbitor range i think, product code is VC8E-OIN/MC

hope this helps

i think with vcl they hae either a electronics board for rs483 or for up the coax telem, but as im not a user of vcl, the best place for advice i would think was tech support from vcl themselves.

hope this helps.

i know dvrs like DM can control these domes as i ve seen it done but you have to have the correct software, saying hat though some vcl domes have pelco setting programmed in, i know i had a dome tha run on pelco

cheers

colin

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

More likely to have RS 485 and up the coax, with Pelco P & D, will depend on the age as to what spec it is. Vcl was purchased by Honeywell several years ago.

i think with vcl they hae either a electronics board for rs483 or for up the coax telem, but as im not a user of vcl, the best place for advice i would think was tech support from vcl themselves.

hope this helps.

i know dvrs like DM can control these domes as i ve seen it done but you have to have the correct software, saying hat though some vcl domes have pelco setting programmed in, i know i had a dome tha run on pelco

cheers

colin

Colin you are quite right but i only used the old v.c.l kit (before honeywell take over)

Going off topic slightly, Honeywell's tech support telephone number is premium rate. Just found out when my last bill came in.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Going off topic slightly, Honeywell's tech support telephone number is premium rate. Just found out when my last bill came in.

ive never knowtist that but then i do use works phone to make calls like that

just wondering if i used a maxcom keyboard would i be able to connect it to my pc from that and be able to control it through the coms port?

Archived