Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cp8 Keypad Wiring

omega1

Hi

I need to fit two keypads to a eurosec cp8 panel.

It looks like the keypads have to be wired in series according to the manual.

Is this correct or can both the keypads be wired directly from the panel with the 680 ohm resistor fitted on both keypads.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Guest anguscanplay
Hi

I need to fit two keypads to a eurosec cp8 panel.

It looks like the keypads have to be wired in series according to the manual.

Is this correct or can both the keypads be wired directly from the panel with the 680 ohm resistor fitted on both keypads.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

thats why its in the manual that way

They are actually wired in parallel so wiring them both from the panel is ok but remove the resistor on the shortest run RKP, leave the resistor in the longest run RKP

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Guest anguscanplay
They are actually wired in parallel so wiring them both from the panel is ok but remove the resistor on the shortest run RKP, leave the resistor in the longest run RKP

its a CP8 remember - series only

Look, parallel

cp8lfl8.th.jpg

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Guest anguscanplay
Look, parallel

cp8lfl8.th.jpg

yes and no LOL - its series because it goes to one then the other, but its parallel to the first connection LOL ( if only you knew how often me and " some friends" have the same argument)

I always bring the D1 D2 back to the panel on a spare pair then take them out to the second keypad - hang over from the old days I suppose

what I`m trying to work out is doing it your way ie pure parallel - is hows the keypad without the resistor tampered? you dont give it a keypad ident like the CPX

yes and no LOL - its series because it goes to one then the other, but its parallel to the first connection LOL ( if only you knew how often me and " some friends" have the same argument)

I always bring the D1 D2 back to the panel on a spare pair then take them out to the second keypad - hang over from the old days I suppose

what I`m trying to work out is doing it your way ie pure parallel - is hows the keypad without the resistor tampered? you dont give it a keypad ident like the CPX

don't know, never checked.

But it works in star or daisy.

Soz Angus no

that is bad practice for data, you running a signal up and then down again on the same cable, can cuse signal corruption so it is a no no.

you might seem to get away with it, but atmospherics whatever you are likely to occasionally get a rkp tamper or no comm's fault :(

imo best way is to run rkp's in 6 cores, using the spare pair as A/T on the 'star'd' keypads, gluegun a reed and magnet for casing tamper in the keypad/s, (i.e. those is not fitted with the EOL ressistor B) /

tbh, for the price difference and having no VoCom i no longer fit them other than for very small systems in flats, i feeel if the jobs big enough especially for 2 rkp's then makes sense to use the better panel more versatile.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Soz Angus no

that is bad practice for data, you running a signal up and then down again on the same cable, can cuse signal corruption so it is a no no.

you might seem to get away with it, but atmospherics whatever you are likely to occasionally get a rkp tamper or no comm's fault :(

imo best way is to run rkp's in 6 cores, using the spare pair as A/T on the 'star'd' keypads, gluegun a reed and magnet for casing tamper in the keypad/s, (i.e. those is not fitted with the EOL ressistor B) /

tbh, for the price difference and having no VoCom i no longer fit them other than for very small systems in flats, i feeel if the jobs big enough especially for 2 rkp's then makes sense to use the better panel more versatile.

regs

alan

and you got the cheek to start your post with the words "bad practise....." if it WAS real data I`d agree with you but then we would all be using screened cable too

and you got the cheek to start your post with the words "bad practise....." if it WAS real data I`d agree with you but then we would all be using screened cable too

so please tell me Angus,

i'm very curious - if the data lines (and the manual indicates they are :( ) are NOT actually data, how does the keypad communicate with the end station? - mirrors - flashing lights - brail or SEMAPHORE?

telecoms and data it is simply very bad news to run signals up and back down the same multicore - END OFF, but you can make yourself look nearly possibly even more foolish - arguing it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived