Security Installer Community

Red Care V Dualcom

shinfieldmonkey

sounds to me that redcare don't seem to know whats happening so dualcom all the way

Redcare's rep sucked at a recent presentation I attended. CSL (dualcom) basically admitted they dont sell anything even though they think they're better!

Emizon21 is definately the way forward.

Not only do you not need a Redcare line block, or an extra lot of BT line rental, it's ridiculously easy to install, and doubles as a telecom module/comm2400 for Galaxy and Texecom control panels (more manufacturers on way).

The time taken to copy a log or upload a program is apparently 5 times less than normal dial up, and you can do more than one site at once.

Wonderful piece of kit ! (as long as the customer has broadband !)

• 2 weeks later...

In an engineers meeting recently, a rep from - some communication firm ( must appologise - was early and had slight banging nugget due to late night for the wrong reasons), described Redcare as 'On the decline'.

Is Emizon using the unit built by Bosch or the Pyronix equivalent?

And can someone remind me in laymens terms 21CN. Is this the part about communications going IP? :unsure:

Thanks.

'Face your fears and live your dreams - live your dreams and face your fears!'

Guest anguscanplay
In an engineers meeting recently, a rep from - some communication firm ( must appologise - was early and had slight banging nugget due to late night for the wrong reasons), described Redcare as 'On the decline'.

Is Emizon using the unit built by Bosch or the Pyronix equivalent?

And can someone remind me in laymens terms 21CN. Is this the part about communications going IP? :unsure:

Thanks.

I`d be more impressed if it was a redcare rep telling you that, but IP just isnt secure, whatever anybody else tells you

I personally prefere redcare. The older dual com's on the pat network were unreliable if new buildings were built in the surrouding area. Ive only used the new dual com's twice and i have to say they seem allot better and they look smart. Although saying that the antena cable is annoyingly short.

I personally prefere redcare. The older dual com's on the pat network were unreliable if new buildings were built in the surrouding area. Ive only used the new dual com's twice and i have to say they seem allot better and they look smart. Although saying that the antena cable is annoyingly short.

At least the ARCs have more info to hand now with the GPRS units for example in terms of interpreting the routing. You can at least tell which of the three available routes a GPRS unit is taking at any time by analysing the signal on receipt at the ARC.

Worth doing if you have units utilising the backup GSM path on a GPRS unit. Obviously I won't go into detail on the pub forum.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

I`d be more impressed if it was a redcare rep telling you that, but IP just isnt secure, whatever anybody else tells you

:hmm: strange statement from the self confessed Mr "late to the IP party" ?

How quickly you became an expert on IP - well done Angus ;)

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Guest anguscanplay
:hmm: strange statement from the self confessed Mr "late to the IP party" ?

How quickly you became an expert on IP - well done Angus ;)

your a sulk, whats the problem ? you didnt think I would do some digging and asking around for myself ? or did you actually swallow the "angus the luddite " act ?

point is until you get the insurance industry (because its them NOT the police that drive our business) behind a product then its doomed never to take off (and we`ve discused their requirments for IP based signalling before - basicly nothing is secure enough yet)

Archived