Security Installer Community

Red Care V Dualcom

shinfieldmonkey

er so right then - we were talking about the change to 21CN, you said "blah blah BT say 200 are still working even though they shouldnt...." maybe thats why both myself and IP man (regards to MR VM sic) misunderstood you then

Don't know what you were talking about (rarely do) but I know what the o/p was talking about

hi folks

just want to gauge opinion on communicators i've always used redcare but am toying with the idea of dualcoms.

What are your experiances good or bad

The fact that some people 'think' that they have a Redcare service when they don't have any signalling because Redcare have removed it, tends to lend some weight to the decision of which to use IMO, you on the other hand aren't concerned, (probably because it's not covered by Part P).

Guest anguscanplay
Angus is obviously not impressed, but for me - I did not know that BT had stopped part of their Redcare service. I'm trying to figure out what they are up to by phasing out the domestic but not commercial network ?

the fact topalarms has misread the fact some subscribers are still listed as having a service that doesnt exist ? and thinks they dont know about it - nope doesnt impress me one bit

...and don't forget Webwayone, Chiron, Terrier or IP Alarms :rolleyes:

Then you need to look at moving ARC's because none of them are likely to offer all solutions. Many will offer only one.

*Whistles* Not all are so limited ;)

As for the services stopping obviously the industry is aware of the latest product which has been stopped although I can't foresee major issues for most of the main providers with this one.

I suspect when they start whittling down the exchanges due to 'lack of demand' it will have more of an immediate impact.... and of course 21cn itself....ahhhh good times ahead.

By the way, how is the UK going for you so far Steve? Any significant inroads yet?

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

By the way, how is the UK going for you so far Steve? Any significant inroads yet?

:lol: thrown in the towel with the conventional ARC's - can't be doing with the red tape.

Decided to rattle a few cages instead. Thinking of taking the JB///.Large National Installer.// approach of giving away my IP/GSM/GPRS adapters at cost in order to build up RMR. I have bought new PSTN and GSM receivers, my IP receivers are fired up and I have offices and monitoring operators ready to go.

Just waiting for the right local partner, or the right moment to go it alone ;)

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

:lol: thrown in the towel with the conventional ARC's - can't be doing with the red tape.

Decided to rattle a few cages instead. Thinking of taking the JB///.Large National Installer.// approach of giving away my IP/GSM/GPRS adapters at cost in order to build up RMR. I have bought new PSTN and GSM receivers, my IP receivers are fired up and I have offices and monitoring operators ready to go.

Just waiting for the right local partner, or the right moment to go it alone ;)

Good to hear :)

As for the approach I can understand where you are coming from, unless you get the golden grail of ticking all the boxes for the installer / user / arc, then price will be the key element.

Sad days really tbh, but i'm glad that you are getting some momentum though.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived