Security Installer Community

Red Care V Dualcom

shinfieldmonkey

underway ;)

Will Redcare alarm signalling services be compatible with the 21CN?

BT Redcare’s alarm signalling network has been tested under both laboratory conditions and under simulated live conditions. All redcare network testing conducted to date has proved to be 100% successful and shows that redcare products will work normally on the network once it has been switched-on.

BT expects the vast majority of customer premises equipment (CPE) connected to current telephone lines and broadband services will work normally on the network once it has been switched-on.

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Redcare been going 20 yrs? chances are it will still be going 20 more?

Sadly - you're probably right.

B) Only thing that could change this is for Emizon to organise tournaments at better golf courses than BT and win over the insurance companies.

BT expects the vast majority of customer premises equipment (CPE) connected to current telephone lines and broadband services will work normally on the network once it has been switched-on.

Yeah Thanks - that's really encouraging. Let's just keep our fingers crossed then.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Guest anguscanplay
According to BT there are around 200 subscribers still 'active' on parts of the Redcare service that have already been switched off!

where?

According to BT there are around 200 subscribers still 'active' on parts of the Redcare service that have already been switched off!

What do you mean by "switched off" ?

Have BT already started phasing out Redcare ?

What do you mean by "switched off" ?

Have BT already started phasing out Redcare ?

Not phasing out Redcare generally but some 'parts' of the service, eg ISDN.

The Redcare Home Monitoring Product will be withdrawn from new supply on 31 July 2007 and terminated from the portfolio on 31 March 2008.

As of 30th April 2006, redcare ISDN service is no longer available for new supply. and from 30 September 2007 the Redcare ISDN service will be terminated.

ah right - not what you implied at all then, nothing to worry about for the time being

Exactly what I implied, just not what you misunderstood.

Redcare ISDN doesn't work anymore but there are still at least 200 'active' accounts according to BT.

Guest anguscanplay
Exactly what I implied, just not what you misunderstood.

Redcare ISDN doesn't work anymore but there are still at least 200 'active' accounts according to BT.

er so right then - we were talking about the change to 21CN, you said "blah blah BT say 200 are still working even though they shouldnt...." maybe thats why both myself and IP man (regards to MR VM sic) misunderstood you then

BTW I`ve had customers still send signals on lines that have been disconnected through non payment of line rental for over 18 months, nothing to do with the topic either

dont bother replying, it really isnt that interesting

The Redcare Home Monitoring Product will be withdrawn from new supply on 31 July 2007 and terminated from the portfolio on 31 March 2008.

Angus is obviously not impressed, but for me - I did not know that BT had stopped part of their Redcare service. I'm trying to figure out what they are up to by phasing out the domestic but not commercial network ?

Archived