Security Installer Community

I Have A Cctv System (eyes Everywhere) Wireless System

2ltr16valve

Hi all,

Got a wireless cctv system, but the pci card has failed.. :( my camera is a sony camera with audio, non zoom/fixed. I have the wireless receiver and other bits, and can rig up to my tv and watch it.. but not much help as i cant record. I had a dvr recorder on my pc, which worked with the pci card, but since it went pop no recording.

Can anyone recommend or supply a pci card of good quality with audio in with a good f/p/s. ??

cheers in advance.

Hi all,

Got a wireless cctv system, but the pci card has failed.. :( my camera is a sony camera with audio, non zoom/fixed. I have the wireless receiver and other bits, and can rig up to my tv and watch it.. but not much help as i cant record. I had a dvr recorder on my pc, which worked with the pci card, but since it went pop no recording.

Can anyone recommend or supply a pci card of good quality with audio in with a good f/p/s. ??

cheers in advance.

may recoomendation would to gt a standalone dvr unit.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Lets look at this differently,

What exatly do you want it to do, and the key question, how much do you want to pay.??

the camera is set up to watch my cars, one on drive and one on the road.... camera is already set up and works ok, just the pci died so no recording utility.

I want recored evidence if anything happens to my cars, as the little tikes around here like to nick them often..(not mine yet but others have gone walkie's)

Needs to be time/date stamped and usable by police and if needed in court, the system that was running on my pc did all this.

So to recap.. i have the camera, the wireless receiver.. just need some means of recording this information and putting on disk or other media.

cheapest way is PCI card but recommend a dedicated DVR. Looking to pay 200+ for a really cheap one up to the thousands for more storage etc.

id like to go pci route tbh, as thats how it was before.. only downside was my main pc had to be on 24/7 which i didnt like. I might get hold of a old pc system, with a 200gb hdd and use that solely for the dvr camera. can i say, use a seperate system... and link it into my main pc system so i can view what the slave system is recording.. all though my wireless router..?

Car in drive and car in road,

one camera to look at both.

DVR to capture images of quality useable by officer dibble.

I think not.

No i think SO ! some of you are very critical on here arnt we...!

ok not full picture of the car on the drive.. but enough of both to use in court... ive worked as a security manager for 7 years providing cctv images to the police, and these images have already been used by the police.

cctvpreview.jpg

Archived