Security Installer Community

I Have A Cctv System (eyes Everywhere) Wireless System

2ltr16valve

No i think SO ! some of you are very critical on here arnt we...!

ok not full picture of the car on the drive.. but enough of both to use in court... ive worked as a security manager for 7 years providing cctv images to the police, and these images have already been used by the police.

And that scumbag with is back to your one camera - at night too - is who exactly???

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

And that scumbag with is back to your one camera - at night too - is who exactly???

well if there was a camera the other side of the front of the house... you still would not see that scum bags face would you.. so you have no point...! at night it has night vision and the car is directly under a street light; night vision is almost as good as daylight. ... All camera systems have a weak point and ive yet to see a system that has zero blind spots and is 100% covered.

The vast majority of thieves will have a look around before they attempt a theft.. thus generally looking at the camera.

All this is totally off the subject of what i asked for, so unless your going to contribute to what i asked for then just dont reply. I know the camera has and will serve its purpose, had the car stereo equipment stolen and the police knew who it was as soon as they see the footage... all the stuff was returned the next day.

the camera is enough of a deterrent to most thieves as it currently is, the recording ability is a backup should they not be warned off enough by the presence of a camera looking at them.

Guest anguscanplay
Needs to be time/date stamped and usable by police and if needed in court, the system that was running on my pc did all this.

sorry to pee on your parade but it didnt (you only thought it did) and now I`ve read your subsequent posts you say exaclty the same yourself

no its not what you asked but remember others will read this topic long after you`ve gone - thats why were cynicall and thats why we correct wrongful information

nothing personal

Angus

id like to go pci route tbh, as thats how it was before.. only downside was my main pc had to be on 24/7 which i didnt like. I might get hold of a old pc system, with a 200gb hdd and use that solely for the dvr camera. can i say, use a seperate system... and link it into my main pc system so i can view what the slave system is recording.. all though my wireless router..?

Yes.

sorry to pee on your parade but it didnt (you only thought it did)
well last time i submitted evidence that did not have the date/time on the images.. it was thrown out as there is no proof of the actual time/date of the offence so could be anytime.so what are the current regs for court standard recorded evidence ?
Yes.
so would it just be set up as part of the home network ? and accessed though the network, navigate to where the recording is stored and played though the network back to the main machine from the slave?

Guest anguscanplay
well last time i submitted evidence that did not have the date/time on the images.. it was thrown out as there is no proof of the actual time/date of the offence so could be anytime.

so what are the current regs for court standard recorded evidence ?

ilkie will post it for you but as a minumum you need 120% of the screen filled by the person your trying to ID - unmanned CCTV has very little use in securing a prosecution

Well spotted angus.Used by dibble and used in court are definitely not the same thing

well last time i submitted evidence that did not have the date/time on the images.. it was thrown out as there is no proof of the actual time/date of the offence so could be anytime.so what are the current regs for court standard recorded evidence ?so would it just be set up as part of the home network ? and accessed though the network, navigate to where the recording is stored and played though the network back to the main machine from the slave?
Yes

ilkie will post it for you but as a minumum you need 120% of the screen filled by the person your trying to ID - unmanned CCTV has very little use in securing a prosecution

hmm, bugger ! lol.

best upgrade to a nice ptz with alarm function i thinks...

any recommendations that are a good budget price, but good quality ?

id like, it to be small enough to mount in the fascia board... colour, and obv ptz functionality. heated dome wouldnt be needed i wouldn't think, loft stays quite warm.. and is fully insulated.. although obv camera will get a chill. hmm, thinking about that as i type.. that would cause condensation wouldn't it ?

:)

I do appreciate you help lads :D

hmm, bugger ! lol.

best upgrade to a nice ptz with alarm function i thinks...

any recommendations that are a good budget price, but good quality ?

id like, it to be small enough to mount in the fascia board... colour, and obv ptz functionality. heated dome wouldnt be needed i wouldn't think, loft stays quite warm.. and is fully insulated.. although obv camera will get a chill. hmm, thinking about that as i type.. that would cause condensation wouldn't it ?

:)

I do appreciate you help lads :D

Now you may see why peeps are initially reticent in their replies.

Situations are never quite straightforward.

But now you have got to the nub of the problem - budget price but good quality.

Thanks Angus,

Yes in an ideal work 120% of a 1.6m high target should be the aim (as detailed in the HOSDB guidelines (see CCTV Operational Guidelines Manual).

Also the DVR should be purchased (and operated) to meet the ACPO guidance on requirements for digital CCTV Systems (sse Requirements for Digital CCTV Systems)

As indicated this is in an ideal world.

It should be noted that unlike the USA, there is no such thing as what is admissible in a Court of Law in England & Wales.

The weight of the evidence is considered by the Judge and accepted or rejected at that point.

So all CCTV is evidence, however good or bad.

In the O/P's case of no time/date being shown, a statement taken from you by the Police during the formal evidence seizure process, should have added appropriate weight to the video recorded (I am aware of murder cases where video evidence showing significantly incorrect time recorded was accepted in Court following statements given by the engineer as to the extent of the error).

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Archived