Security Installer Community

Dm Sprite 2 Problem With Storage Area

Alex

respect ICEbear - that was a good response to a possible inflammatory situation and a lot on here could learn from it!!

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

HI There,

we actually got the images of the HD Drive, which is on its last legs btw. It was just one drive in die the old DM. Just 150gb Maxtor. We spoke to DM Tech support in the end and they helped us recovering the lost images. Thank you all and I hope it

cheers,

Alex

Joe

I'm not knocking your technical ability and I appologise for being cocky in my response but the advise you gave seemed to get worse and worse and I got more frustrated of the damage that might have been caused or worse, total loss of images.

If Alex would have a bit more common sense, he should have contacted his supplier for advise or if failing that the manufacturer, in the first instance.

I have also great respect for the field engineers, of all disciplines.

first of all i would like to appologise to alex and stuart for any wrong advise (if any), stuart why so cocky, i really was just trying to get the guy running, ok

if the hdd is'nt IDE dont you think that ccl would have stopped him and said "hey mate thats SCSI" not IDE ?

quote: I have a problem with a DM Sprite 2 (old version) old OLD , warranty void. i thought it was an old unit that he was trying to keep running.

stuart, you Obviously dont know any computer hackers, fair Enough what you said about how much they would charge, yes i did'nt think of that one,

but, a true hacker could Easy (EASY) crack the sprites type of format and transfer the files to a standard ide DRIVE and put on cd what he wants to keep.

linux open source code NOTHING MORE.

and i was'nt knocking multiplexers/VHS recorders, ive got one myself..............................your just cocky

im not going to start any arguments, i was just trying to help with the Knowledge i have got.

he doesnt have a clue whats hes talking about, stuart im an electronic's engineer of 30 years (component level) not just someone who puts BNC conectors on the end of RG59 cable, connects it to a camera with a ready built PSU, twiggles with multiplexer, DVR and the like and call's himself an engineer.

dedicated micros is awesome equiptment and if your an ex. dedicated micros technical support engineer then ive got great respect for you, so please stuart,

there is 2 ways of telling someone they are wrong.

Alex please take stuarts advice and not mine.

thanks guys

best regards

joe

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Hi Alex

My advise to you and others would be leave the forum for advice when all other avenues have been exhausted ie. your supplier and or manufacturer of the equipment. If they cannot help, then check the forums.

HI There,

we actually got the images of the HD Drive, which is on its last legs btw. It was just one drive in die the old DM. Just 150gb Maxtor. We spoke to DM Tech support in the end and they helped us recovering the lost images. Thank you all and I hope it

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Archived