Security Installer Community

Led Flashing On My Wireless Security Lighting Setup, Why?

gadgevxr

Just after a heads up here, before i get on the ladder tonight.

I have a wireless PIR security light setup on the side of the house. There is a main control unit and two floodlights that are hardwired to this. The PIR detector is wireless to the main control unit.

Right, the other half decided to switch them off last night by accident so i switched them back on but when the PIR detects heat, the floods don't light, but a LED flashes on the main control unit instead. Any idea why? Low batteries in the detector maybe? Cant really see it being a fuse.

Any help would be great.

Just after a heads up here, before i get on the ladder tonight.

I have a wireless PIR security light setup on the side of the house. There is a main control unit and two floodlights that are hardwired to this. The PIR detector is wireless to the main control unit.

Right, the other half decided to switch them off last night by accident so i switched them back on but when the PIR detects heat, the floods don't light, but a LED flashes on the main control unit instead. Any idea why? Low batteries in the detector maybe? Cant really see it being a fuse.

Any help would be great.

it might help to post the make and model,

but at a guess it's 'lost' the sensor when the ruling half switched off.

the instructions (you did keep them didn't you :rolleyes: ) will tell you, and how to put it right.

observe high safety precautions with this kit, those 'friendly' looking fittings can also kill the unwary

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
here is a clue

".......but a LED flashes on the main control unit instead".

:P

regs

alan

your point been ? stop been so trying and shut up and listen to the O/P for a change

is it a GJD? is it a cheap B&Q special? hence " what have you got showing........." might have been a little symbol or a text or something

your point been ? stop been so trying and shut up and listen to the O/P for a change

is it a GJD? is it a cheap B&Q special? hence " what have you got showing........." might have been a little symbol or a text or something

oooooh as chesterfields number 1 got the hump????? :)

so an old fool who can't read a an o/p's poist am i?

:hmm: now just let me see -:

"I have a wireless PIR security light setup

i did not know GJD even made a wireless version, and GJD's site don't mention a wireless veriety either http://www.gjd.co.uk/securitylight.htm so if you care to check your FACTS Angus BEFORE flinging insults it would do all of us a BIG favour.

on the side of the house. There is a main control unit and two floodlights that are hardwired to this. The PIR detector is wireless to the main control unit.

ditto above comment

Any help would be great.

now shoot me if i'm wrong here, the LED in this context is aH !em erm! and LED! not a little green man, hobknob buiscuit or bloody great bell - i.e. it's an LED indicator.

so now, just what was it you were saying about me not reading any posts properly?

:rolleyes:

Regs

Alan

(it was wassocks like you who misinterpret what is actually written who got the neon screwdriver 'banned')

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived