Security Installer Community

Led Flashing On My Wireless Security Lighting Setup, Why?

gadgevxr

Guest anguscanplay
so an old fool who can't read a an o/p's poist am i?

:hmm: now just let me see -:

"I have a wireless PIR security light setup

i did not know GJD even made a wireless version, and GJD's site don't mention a wireless veriety either http://www.gjd.co.uk/securitylight.htm so if you care to check your FACTS Angus BEFORE flinging insults it would do all of us a BIG favour.

on the side of the house. There is a main control unit and two floodlights that are hardwired to this. The PIR detector is wireless to the main control unit.

ditto above comment

Right, the other half decided to switch them off last night by accident so i switched them back on but when the PIR detects heat, the floods don't light, but a LED flashes on the main control unit instead. Any idea why? Low batteries in the detector maybe? Cant really see it being a fuse.

Any help would be great.

now shoot me if i'm wrong here, the LED in this context is aH !em erm! and LED! not a little green man, hobknob buiscuit or bloody great bell - i.e. it's an LED indicator.

so now, just what was it you were saying about me not reading any posts properly?

:rolleyes:

Regs

Alan

(it was wassocks like you who misinterpret what is actually written who got the neon screwdriver 'banned')

no mate - IF O/P was describing a wireless GJD system (which he is and you admit you`ve never seen) then the question "whats showing on the controller" would make perfect sense and if HE had come back and said " theres only one light ? .." then that would have meant I didnt have to tell him how to assertain if he indeed did have a GJD wireless system (which you yourself admit you havnt any knowledge about)

so another guess then from Arfur mo

BTW heres the manual for the "non existant " radio Opal (PMSL) http://www.gjd.co.uk/images/pdf/rfx3.pdf direct from the site you linked too above (so its not just forums you can`t find your way round nowadays then LOL)

no mate - IF O/P was describing a wireless GJD system (which he is and you admit you`ve never seen) then the question "whats showing on the controller" would make perfect sense and if HE had come back and said " theres only one light ? .." then that would have meant I didnt have to tell him how to assertain if he indeed did have a GJD wireless system (which you yourself admit you havnt any knowledge about)

so another guess then from Arfur mo

BTW heres the manual for the "non existant " radio Opal (PMSL) http://www.gjd.co.uk/images/pdf/rfx3.pdf direct from the site you linked too above (so its not just forums you can`t find your way round nowadays then LOL)

i did not guess at anything,

o/p posted #1 led flashing on controller, your response #3 "whats showing on the controller" (so real 'mustard' that remark).

got to openly admit (as i'll do when i'm so rarely wrong), i did not know of (or find) the GJD radio kit, that pdf in the link jams this end, but then the o/p did not post it was GJD either :P

have you or anyone else tried it out? their wired kit i always found was very reliable, so very tempting to recommend it on a current job to the sparks.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

LOL - the old fool just doesnt listen to the question sometimes does he

cant agree with old fool bit(cos he aint well a fool anyway) but i have to admit he does go off half cocked some :P

(sorry alan)

Guest anguscanplay
o/p posted #1 led flashing on controller, your response #3 "whats showing on the controller" (so real 'mustard' that remark).

right so when you do see a GJD controller you`ll understand the question "whats showing..." and might be gentleman enough to with draw your comments

FYI theres several icons and different colored LEDS that lindicate different settings on the GJD

and most if not all of the other controllers I`ev seen have at least some form of icon on them

Dont worry MJW "old fools...." just a term of endearment (the BWF changes what I really type LOL)

right so when you do see a GJD controller you`ll understand the question "whats showing..." and might be gentleman enough to with draw your comments

FYI theres several icons and different colored LEDS that lindicate different settings on the GJD

and most if not all of the other controllers I`ev seen have at least some form of icon on them

Dont worry MJW "old fools...." just a term of endearment (the BWF changes what I really type LOL)

thank our lucky starrs for the B.W.F then hey :)

the answer was in the question "i have a flashing LED on the CONTROLLER".

so lets assume at this point you knew (even by a lucky strike) it was a GJD controller (as your seemingly erstwhile trying to present) what else would be on this controller apart from led's or differing colours and purposes? a finger print, box of matches a broom or perhaps a No9 model bus?

if you knew the controller so well you would also know from the report what would be the result of (and therefore which indications would show - and that be on that controller so making your question pointless) after the the disconnection - denoted by the flashing LED dear boy.

so stop bluffing, it was just a funny post -well to me anyway :P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

so an old fool who can't read a an o/p's poist am i?

Regs

Alan

(it was wassocks like you who misinterpret what is actually written who got the neon screwdriver 'banned')

No, you did that all by yourself.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived