Security Installer Community

Adpro Fasttrace + Pelco Domes

C.S TEK.

HI All

Got a Fast trace Unit with 4 x pelco spectra domes connected. Data run to each. Adpro is configured for Pelco D baud rate 2400 8.n.1

Domes are configured Pelco D, baud 2400 and adressed 1,2,3,4.

Cameras are plugged in to 2,3,4,5..

telemetry work fine for pan and tilt but i got now zoom, adpro or norbain couldnt answer my question

you guys got any ideas?

Thanx all

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Have you tried uping the buad rate to 9600. Also if your control problem is just from the cental lite software increase the ptz speed on the slide bar at the top. If this is too low sometimes you can't access camera menus........ just might help. Failing that then it's gonna be down to connecting one at a time and all that. Disconnect screen of 485, you may have a slight earth fault.

Sounds like Pelco changed protocol.

Adpro and pelco couldnt answer questions why it didnt work.

We manged to get up to cameras and change them to pelco p, baud rate 9600. works fine.

Pelco d baud 2400 doesnt work properly on new pelco spectras!!

thanx for answers all

c

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Hi,

I took the original Call here at AdproTec regarding this and just to keep you updated, we are currently testing the 2400 protocol that we have in our systems. And it looks like there may be an issue with the protocol from pelco.

I can confirm that the other protocols (4800 and 9600) do work.

When we finish our testing ill let you all know.

cheers

Archived